Tony Jones to be name new Alcoa coach!!?? (possibly)

VolsFan4Ever-11

Just recieved a text from myknoxnews saying that sources are reporting former Tennessee assistant will be name the new coach of Alcoa.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just recieved a text from myknoxnews saying that sources are reporting former Tennessee assistant will be name the new coach of Alcoa.

WOW! When I first saw this thread, I thought, no way he takes a high school job. I guess he feels he would like to have a positive influence on kids lives. He did always say he wanted to be Head Coach, so I guess this was his chance. Good luck Toney!

WOW! When I first saw this thread, I thought, no way he takes a high school job. I guess he feels he would like to have a positive influence on kids lives. He did always say he wanted to be Head Coach, so I guess this was his chance. Good luck Toney!

I've always respected Tony Jones. Best of luck to him.

I wouldn't want TJ doing anything in my kid's life.

You shouldn't respect TJ.

Don't feel like going into detail, I'll be called a liar even if I do, but when people that have coached with him tell you how slimy he is, it's good enough for me.

I know how he is. I was referencing Tony as shady. Not you.

TJ is Alcoa's coach
Alcoa confirms hiring of Tony Jones Knoxville News Sentinel

“I am truly blessed,'' Jones said. “I'm so excited about this opportnity. I get to keep my family in the area, I get to teach and work with young people in a classroom setting, and I get to coach in a special community at a great school.''
“I think being a high school coach is more in Tony's blood that people realize, because those are his roots,'' Pearl said. “He helped create a dynasty at Detroit Southwestern High School.

“Tony can X and O with anybody, but what seperates him is his ability to communicate, mentor and makle a difference in the lives of young people.''

Jones was a candidate for head coaching jobs at Marshall and Boston University during his tenure with the Vols.

I thought TJ was trying to decide which NBA offer to take, I guess he just loves Knoxville so much he was willing to forgo those offers to stay in town and mentor high schoolers.

I had heard that Alcoa was in need of someone who could run around with a confused look on his face and "raise the roof" like a maniac. Good hire.

VN Store

Back