Allan Houston Award (Most Outstanding) -- Jordan McRae
Dale Ellis Award (Scoring Champ) -- Jordan McRae
Bruce Pearl Award (Improvement) -- Quinton Chievous
Shaq Award (Best Big Man) -- Jeronne Maymon
Chris Lofton Award (Effort/Dedication) -- Skylar McBee
Emmanuel Negedu Award (Sportsmanship) -- Renaldo Woolridge

Shaq award(name) needs to go. Pearl award(name) needs to go

I'm ok with the Negedu award

Pearl for obvious reasons, Negedu because he's openly degraded the UT bball program on at least 2 occasions.

He said he never felt like he was part of a family at UT. After he was revived by UT staff. Dude is a jerk, but people give him a pass for dying.

Emmanuel Negedu Award (Sportsmanship) -- Renaldo Woolridge
Forget the name, I just hate to see someone inside get an award for being nice. Woolridge needs some nasty award. Tough to be nice inside in the SEC

He said he never felt like he was part of a family at UT. After he was revived by UT staff. Dude is a jerk, but people give him a pass for dying.

He wanted to continue his basketball career at Tennessee. Can you blame him? Tennessee didn't want to take part in being responsible for a potential death. Can you blame them?

He wanted to continue his basketball career at Tennessee. Can you blame him? Tennessee didn't want to take part in being responsible for a potential death. Can you blame them?

Not at all. These things are completely reasonable. What isn't reasonable is that he said he didn't feel like he was part of a family while at UT. I just can't believe he said that after a UT staff member revived him IMO, JMO, per Hubbs...

And then they name an award after him. If he's openly declared that he's not a part of the UT family, I see no reason to have an award in his name.

Not at all. These things are completely reasonable. What isn't reasonable is that he said he didn't feel like he was part of a family while at UT. I just can't believe he said that after a UT staff member revived him IMO, JMO, per Hubbs...

And then they name an award after him.

Would you feel like part of a family if that family wouldn't let you pursue your dream? I'm not saying Tennessee was in the wrong, but I can certainly feel where he was coming from.

He wouldn't have been able to pursue his dream if it weren't for the UT EMT. Regardless, it's a disgrace that there's an award named after him. IMO.

I wonder if Griff was the one who came up with the names for the awards?

I figured you boiled over at Skylar winning a Loften award.

Hahaha you know I don't like the kid, but I'd say he's deserving of the Lofton award. I will happily get off his case when he becomes able to keep his man in front of him.

They need axe the Pearl and Negedu award names. ASAP.

I'm okay with the Pearl award since he started the league, but Negedu does need to go. As does the Shaq award. How about CJ Black award? My favorite UT big man!

Somebody had to come up with a nomination for the Bruce Pearl Award.

Say what u want about him, but u can't deny that he was a winner, and took UT to places we hadn't been n a long time..I don't have a prob with an award named after him...I wasn't aware of the Negedu comments though
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hahaha you know I don't like the kid, but I'd say he's deserving of the Lofton award. I will happily get off his case when he becomes able to keep his man in front of him.

You are extremely passionate about awards that mean nothing from a league that also means nothing. Keep in mind, while this league has a certain UT theme to it, it is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the university at all. By all rights, they can name the awards after whoever and whatever they please.

I know it is slow right now, especially on the basketball front, but you seem to be overly worked up about this issue.

You are extremely passionate about awards that mean nothing from a league that also means nothing. Keep in mind, while this league has a certain UT theme to it, it is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the university at all. By all rights, they can name the awards after whoever and whatever they please.

I know it is slow right now, especially on the basketball front, but you seem to be overly worked up about this issue.

I could give two shyts what you think. If the football fanbase can freak about every tiny happening, then I'm entitled to throw in my 2 cents about these awards in this thread about UT basketball awards.

I could give two shyts what you think. If the football fanbase can freak about every tiny happening, then I'm entitled to throw in my 2 cents about these awards in this thread about UT basketball awards.

Duly noted. That's just about the level of maturity I expected in your response.

You should dualy note that it's not cool to police people for discussing the topic at hand. You'll have to come to terms with the fact that most people in this forum at passionate Vol fans. I know - shocking. On this site of all places.

VN Store

Back