Pearl at the RTL tonight....

You guys are ridiculous. So he showed up. He lied, broke the rules, whatever; he's gone. Just because we fired him doesn't change the fact of how much success he had here. You're all acting like he was exiled and is under restraining orders to never attend anything remotely related to UT ever again. I support that he was fired, but I'm not gonna say he should just not show up to the RTL.... it's a summer league, for cryin' out loud--not an NCAA sanctioned game. Moving along now....

You guys are ridiculous. So he showed up. He lied, broke the rules, whatever; he's gone. Just because we fired him doesn't change the fact of how much success he had here. You're all acting like he was exiled and is under restraining orders to never attend anything remotely related to UT ever again. I support that he was fired, but I'm not gonna say he should just not show up to the RTL.... it's a summer league, for cryin' out loud--not an NCAA sanctioned game. Moving along now....

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure that anyone understood that it was actually a summer league game, not an NCAA tournament game. I'm not sure he is banned from attending an NCAA game should he chose to do so. I'm not sure why he wants to continue to promote himself as a UT supporter wearing UT clothing, but it doesn't really bother me if he does.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure that anyone understood that it was actually a summer league game, not an NCAA tournament game. I'm not sure he is banned from attending an NCAA game should he chose to do so. I'm not sure why he wants to continue to promote himself as a UT supporter wearing UT clothing, but it doesn't really bother me if he does.

If people are actually dumb enough to not realize that the NCAA doesn't sanction games in the summer, then they have no business following collegiate basketball int he first place. :crazy:

I, for one, had a problem with Steven playing in the league this year. The dude is a straight up douche and I thought he was trash-talking the athletic department shortly after last season was over. I sincerely appreciate his solid play (65% of the time) last season, but I just felt insulted that he insisted to participate in light of the things he said.

When asked how Pearl was received by those attending the RTL games last night, Rucker said Pearl could still run for mayor. Though I don't think he ever said if he thought he'd win or lose.

I took it as Pearl having alot of support there. I've never been. I'm not sure how many fans actually go to those games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah he got a decent ovation, but I was really interested to see how many people would cheer. I looked around when it happened, and I would say it was somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40 in favor of Pearl. Honestly, I thought he was going to get more support than that.

IMO, he is overshadowing Cuonzo's presence in Knoxville and needs to stay away
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The people who get distracted by Pearl's presence are probably the same who hate Cuonzo. I doubt it would make a difference, even though I do agree with you, SDV.

The people who get distracted by Pearl's presence are probably the same who hate Cuonzo. I doubt it would make a difference, even though I do agree with you, SDV.

I fully agree. His presence should be no more acknowledged than yours or mine at these games. He is no longer the coach at UT and is the basis for our NCAA problems. Why cheer him at this point?:loco:

I fully agree. His presence should be no more acknowledged than yours or mine at these games. He is no longer the coach at UT and is the basis for our NCAA problems. Why cheer him at this point?:loco:

Agreed. He threw UT under the bus when he lied to save his own arse...why cheer him for that?

Can fans not be grateful for what he did for the university and UT basketball before the whole mess with the NCAA? And I'm not a Pearl lover, he should have been fired.

Can fans not be grateful for what he did for the university and UT basketball before the whole mess with the NCAA? And I'm not a Pearl lover, he should have been fired.

No one is stopping anybody from being grateful. I don't like him anymore, but I'm grateful.

VN Store

Back