Pearl not welcome at ESPN?

Maybe he'd respect Bruce more if he slapped a few kids around.

Didn't you originally have a Bulls logo as your favorite team?

Yup. I've made it clear that I'm a bandwagon NBA fan. I like the Bulls, mainly because of Watson, Noah, and Rose, but when I was watching the Eastern Conference Finals, I found myself cheering for the Heat despite my preconceived notions. I was a LeBron fan before CJ got to the Bulls, and I really wanted him to win the championship. I just think it's ridiculous how America treats LeBron. Did he REALLY do anything that bad? No. "The Decision" was a bit much, but was it really something to absolutely hate the guy over? I don't think so. People completely throw aside the fact that he was raising money for charity with that event. I will be cheering for LeBron for the rest of his days, or until he wins 6 championships.

Yup. I've made it clear that I'm a bandwagon NBA fan. I like the Bulls, mainly because of Watson, Noah, and Rose, but when I was watching the Eastern Conference Finals, I found myself cheering for the Heat despite my preconceived notions. I was a LeBron fan before CJ got to the Bulls, and I really wanted him to win the championship. I just think it's ridiculous how America treats LeBron. Did he REALLY do anything that bad? No. "The Decision" was a bit much, but was it really something to absolutely hate the guy over? I don't think so. People completely throw aside the fact that he was raising money for charity with that event. I will be cheering for LeBron for the rest of his days, or until he wins 6 championships.

Not gonna lie, listening to sports radio during the Finals actually made me root for Lebron. Too much hate.

Ick.

I have never really cared for LeBron and openly rooted against him when he was still with the Cavs. It mostly has to do with the whole crowning himself a 'king' before he won anything in the league.

With that said, I agree that the public vilifying him to such an extreme is a bit much.

I think the very classy Dick Vitale likely had some influence on keeping Pearl away from the espn basketball crew.

They can do what they want, but they're missing out on a great personality. Think what you want of his tenure at UT, but he would be great as a basketball analyst.

Take the Bob Knight and Dick Vitale stuff out of it...

Pearl hasn't even gotten his punishment yet, I wouldn't hire him either, it's just not a good move. ESPN can go get just about anyone they want, they can do much better (and safer) than Bruce Pearl at this moment.

I rarely defend ESPN, but they are absolutely correct about this.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pearl call a few games for ESPN. He can't be any worse than Captian Obvious - Jimmy Dykes...

Pearl hasn't even gotten his punishment yet, I wouldn't hire him either, it's just not a good move. ESPN can go get just about anyone they want, they can do much better (and safer) than Bruce Pearl at this moment.

Don't use logic. It's easier believing ESPN hates UT and Brooce too.

Correct.

People hate him because he's kind of a prick.

VN Store

Back