Pearl confirms he will broadcast college games this year

volwarrior33

He says he is in the process of putting together a contract and schedule with a network and will decide whether he wants to coach again based on how well he likes that job in the booth. He also said he will spend a lot of his time "at home in Milwaukee" watching Tobias. This was on Milwaukee's ESPN radio affiliate today.

Last edited:
Should be interesting. I don't think Bruce has ever met a mic he didn't like, so he could make for quite the entertaining analyst.

He says he is in the process of putting together a contract and schedule with a network and will decide whether he wants to coach again based on how well he likes that job in the booth. He also said he will spend a lot of his time "at home in Milwaukee" watching Tobias. This was on Milwaukee's ESPN radio affiliate today.

So he no longer feels like knoxville is his home? He knows how to PLAY the home crowd doesn't he. Do bad he tried to PLAY the NCAA.

So he no longer feels like knoxville is his home? He knows how to PLAY the home crowd doesn't he. Do bad he tried to PLAY the NCAA.

Why would He want to stay in Knoxville. He has no desire to see your type all the time.

I think he should clarify that first statement by also saying if the NCAA allows Hom to coach again.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I love Bruce, but all of this "I still love the Vols" jazz we were hearing immedately following his firing sure did sound like a bunch of P.R. B.S. designed to somehow gain the public-relations highground over the people who fired him.

Bruce will evenually move on, as he should. Sounds like this is part of that process.

I love Bruce, but all of this "I still love the Vols" jazz we were hearing immedately following his firing sure did sound like a bunch of P.R. B.S. designed to somehow gain the public-relations highground over the people who fired him.

Bruce will evenually move on, as he should. Sounds like this is part of that process.

I don't think the " I still love the Vols" is a bunch of P.R. from Bruce. U.T. gave him a chance when no other major program would. He was well received from
the fan base immediately. He made alot of money in the process.
I think he does love the Vols. Had he accepted a job
at Auburn, would he have had the same fan support or on the court success??????????

Hmmm, new career path for fired coaches--Fulmer, Pearl, others. Is Raleigh next?

I doubt any network would want a coach(Raleigh) who never had a winning record to break down the game. Fulmer and Pearl are both nationally known coaches.

Last edited:

He lived in Mil. before and now that Tobias plays in Mil., it seems logical. I did not take it as you did. Just my opinion.

I don't think the " I still love the Vols" is a bunch of P.R. from Bruce. U.T. gave him a chance when no other major program would. He was well received from
at Auburn, would he have had the same fan support or on the court success??????????

You are certainly entitled to that opinion and many may agree with it. I think he loves the Vols too, but those statements did strike me as aimed at winning some kind of P.R. battle. Just my opinion about the facts.

So you don't think he used some of the same lines in this interview he's used here?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back