Congrats to Pearl for equaling Wade Houston's players drafted total

IPorange

Pearl sent one player to the NBA, just like Tennessee legend Wade Houston. Looks like ole Buzz doubled him up, though.

Last edited:
tumblr_ljeya0W6Mv1qfh5jj.gif

Ok, I'll bite, nothing else going on. How many elite 8's and NCAA tournments did Wade and Buzz make?

Just curious where all the "Bruce Pearl is Tennessee Basketball" folks are at. Thought they'd join in on the celebration.

not a b-ball fan but Pearl talks about lovin UT like he still works here dudes alright with me. if your bored hate kiffin.:hi:

No hating in here. This is a celebration of Pearl taking Tennessee as high as it can apparently ever go, and as high as we should ever dare to dream it can go.

Just curious where all the "Bruce Pearl is Tennessee Basketball" folks are at. Thought they'd join in on the celebration.

If he didn't lie about a dumbass cookout, he would still be here.....and kickin butT.....wish he was still here
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No hating in here. This is a celebration of Pearl taking Tennessee as high as it can apparently ever go, and as high as we should ever dare to dream it can go.

Your sarcasm feels forced and not funny, but give them time the Bruce Pearl fan club will make an appearance. :rock:

Pearl sent one player to the NBA, just like Tennessee legend Wade Houston. Looks like ole Buzz doubled him up, though.

Very keen observation.....because the main goal of a college basketball program is to feed the NBA instead of winning.

Very keen observation.....because the main goal of a college basketball program is to feed the NBA instead of winning.

You're right. I am sure if we ran a correlation analysis between getting kids to the NBA and wins or championships, we would find no strong relationship.

You're right. I am sure if we ran a correlation analysis between getting kids to the NBA and wins or championships, we would find no strong relationship.

Never stated there wasn't a correlation just pointing out the main goal is winning. Of the previous 3 coaches at UT the W & L columns don't support that analysis or Wade would have as many wins as Pearl and Buzz should've had more.

Never stated there wasn't a correlation just pointing out the main goal is winning. Of the previous 3 coaches at UT the W & L columns don't support that analysis or Wade would have as many wins as Pearl and Buzz should've had more.

Another good point. Wins and losses during the season are what matter in basketball. Post-season tournaments are meaningless, like minor bowl games.

Another good point. Wins and losses during the season are what matter in basketball. Post-season tournaments are meaningless, like minor bowl games.

Since Pearl had the best six year run in Tennessee history with pathetic talent like you pointed. Just think what he could of done when/if he started pulling in the studs?

I don't get it, you are knocking Pearl by pointing out that he won more games, championships and went to 6 more NCAA tournaments that his counter parts with less or no NBA talent? Nice playing with ya!

Since Pearl had the best six year run in Tennessee history with pathetic talent like you pointed. Just think what he could of done when/if he started pulling in the studs?

Who's fault was it that Pearl wasn't able to pull in those studs. It shouldn't take six years to do so.

VN Store

Back