Cuonzo Martin rounds out staff with Marco Harris

if nothing else, the players now have someone to show them how to make sandwiches.

An unproven coach hiring his best friend, hell everyone get on the bandwagon. I mean you go from making 125,000 to making over a million for nothing and we might as well be the federal govt handing out money. Please wake me from this bad dream. Bad coaches, bad decisions, if I didn't think otherwise I would believe that little slime Cheeks is out to destroy my alma mater. Damn

It's not like the guy has an awful resume...

but when I read it, I assumed we were hiring him to get in with a recruit.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

An unproven coach hiring his best friend, hell everyone get on the bandwagon. I mean you go from making 125,000 to making over a million for nothing and we might as well be the federal govt handing out money. Please wake me from this bad dream. Bad coaches, bad decisions, if I didn't think otherwise I would believe that little slime Cheeks is out to destroy my alma mater. Damn........... Let me guess you're a Pearlophile
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You know you are in east TN when the word welfare in a job title sets people off. The dudes job is to make sure kids stay in class and get their grades right and their off the court stuff. If you actually look at the dudes resume it makes sense. He was a player and a coach and an administrator and a business man. All that and the fact he knows the head coach pretty well leads to someone that should have an in with most all the players on a communication level.

Basically I am kinda glad there is a position on the staff strictly to make sure the players are ok off the court. If Pearl had such a person certain players that got booted for off court stuff might not have. It is however interesting to read how successful the school he came from was and I wonder if we are in fact recruiting someone from that program.

You know you are in east TN when the word welfare in a job title sets people off. The dudes job is to make sure kids stay in class and get their grades right and their off the court stuff. If you actually look at the dudes resume it makes sense. He was a player and a coach and an administrator and a business man. All that and the fact he knows the head coach pretty well leads to someone that should have an in with most all the players on a communication level.

Basically I am kinda glad there is a position on the staff strictly to make sure the players are ok off the court. If Pearl had such a person certain players that got booted for off court stuff might not have. It is however interesting to read how successful the school he came from was and I wonder if we are in fact recruiting someone from that program.

Glad we have a full-time staff member whose job it is to make sure the kids go to class. Does he follow them around all day? Call the professors and check their attendance?

Maybe UT should invest in those GPS collars normally used for bird dogs and put them on the basketball team.

Glad we have a full-time staff member whose job it is to make sure the kids go to class. Does he follow them around all day? Call the professors and check their attendance?

A couple years ago, I had summer classes with a lot of bball players. I remember always seeing someone, who I'm guessing was the welfare coordinator, around my math class with Josh Tabb. Unfortunately, I saw Tabb get chewed out a couple of times by this guy. Poor Josh....he was going through some tough stuff in his latter days as a Vol.

Yeah, chewing him out for not going to class or taking his education seriously was just unjustified punishment for Tabb. Just think how successful he would have been had they just left him alone.

Lol how did you deduce that I was sympathizing with him? I was just saying the kid had problems and was going through tough times.

Probably when you used the phrase "poor Josh."

Yeah, I felt bad for the kid because his mom was dying. Either simultaneously or consequently, he was struggling with school, and probably had other problems. I did not imply that he didn't deserve to be called out by UT for his academic and/or athletic performance.

I pulled a LawVol; posted a comment that could easily be interpreted more than one way.

If he did chase him off he chased him all the way to an Assistant Coaching Job, which is an upgrade.

Wow somebody actually left a job in sports and a coach hired someone that he knows. That never happens. Lets find a conspiracy in it and run with it and make a thread about it

Reactions: 1 person
Is Buzz's staff in Wilmington probably for less money really a promotion?

Going from DOBO to a coaching position is considered a promotion. That's why many people get in the position if DOBO so they can try and get a coaching position down the road. Doesn't matter at what level. The fact he got a D1 job is really good. Go read Pancratz's monologue to understand. Not every coach starts as an assistant.

That's ok, according to Jeeker Kwonzo is just keeping the seat warm for Pearls grand return to RockyTop. And Coach Quarles is on deck for the football gig. Its all good baby.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back