Poythress Recruitment A Huge Opportunity For Coach Martin.

hatvol96

According to a report on Zagsblog today, Alex Poythress holds offers from the following schools: West Virginia, Louisville, Florida State, Cincinnati, UCONN, Florida, Georgia, Marquette, Memphis, Miami, Ohio State, Missouri, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt. Duke has expressed interest, but hasn't extended an offer as of yet.

If Martin wins that battle against those schools, it would be a huge boost for his credibility on the recruiting trail.

I would be surprised if Martin can pull him. I think a lot depends on what comes down from the 'AA

According to a report on Zagsblog today, Alex Poythress holds offers from the following schools: West Virginia, Louisville, Florida State, Cincinnati, UCONN, Florida, Georgia, Marquette, Memphis, Miami, Ohio State, Missouri, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt. Duke has expressed interest, but hasn't extended an offer as of yet.

If Martin wins that battle against those schools, it would be a huge boost for his credibility on the recruiting trail.

What is that, hat? I'll take the hat that allows me to question what he may be thinking from time to time, vs common sense 101 statements like above.

kind of like the John Jenkins deal. Of course, Jenkins made his decision before he could get an offer list like Poythress.

Would be shocked if Tennessee can get in on a kid like this for 2012. Just not enough time to build relationships.

Wish Martin weren't taking basically half of July and August off right before his first signing period to go to China with that World University Games team.

Nice offer list. Anybody know if we are in his top?

Is a major league recruiter or AAA?
I'm not as impressed as others seem to be. I see him as a poor man's Glen Cyprien/Lew Hill. Just another good, not great, recruiter whose reputation outweighs his production.

Yea, I think Stokes was a lock to UT before Tony Jones left. I don't think Martin has enough time to make up ground made by the other big name schools. But hey its recruiting so you never know.

I know a teacher from his high school who reports that Vandy and Western KY are high on his list.

Vandy. I hate to see guys as highly rated as he is go to Vandy, but if he's trying to get an education Vandy is hard to beat.

Stokes is more and more a Memphis lean by the day. I'd be surprised to Anderson can get him out of the city with all the time he is spending working out with Memphis trainers and hanging out with other Memphis recruits over their visits. I'd be even more shocked if Martin made up any ground in the Stokes race. As someone else accurately put it, he was a UT lock before Pearl's staff fell apart.

Western Kentucky has the same chance of signing him that Tusculum does.

Apparently Western has been recruiting him for a very long time and he doesn't want to go far from home. I don't think they end up with him with the major schools that are after him, but apparently they are a player at this time.

I'll be very surprised if it isn't one of those two.

I believe I saw where Easterwood had always leaned toward TN until Pearl's dismissal, but now he seems to all but come out and say that Stokes will be a Tiger. I also got the feeling from his comments that they backed off Poythress in an effort to lock up Stokes. As much as I loathe the guy, he is info on the Memphis kids is typically accurate.

I also said that he thinks Stokes is the most NBA ready guy to come out of Memphis in some time. What is your stance on that?

Hat,

So what's your GUT FEELING w/ Poythress?

If you had to TRIM down his list to 3?

I really hope we pull one of these guys , this is the best talent in this class this state has had for awhile.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's one huge IF.

Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back