Yemi Makanjoula commits to Tennessee

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
per Rivals. He officially visited last weekend.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/127507-11-nc-c-yemi-makanjuola.html

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Yemi-Makanjuola-126393

The weekend in Bloomington brought news of a visit from 2011 Word of God (NC) big man Yemi Makanjuola. The 6-foot-9 Nigeria native began his playing career in the United States at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia before moving to Word of God this past season. There’s not much information out there on Makanjuola, but here are links to a few brief video clips that were sent to us by ITH reader Kelin (scroll down on each link): Clip 1, Clip 2, Clip 3.
---http://www.insidethehall.com/tag/yemi-makanjuola/

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/playe...#photoid=eb63ecc1-125f-4a32-8755-db9f8a0b5424

Last edited:
I hope he is better than what Clip's 1,2, and 3 show.
Clips are from 2009
Played behind Uchebo at Word of God.
Started 3 games when Uchebo was hurt.
Article with stats.
"With Joseph Uchebo sidelined with an injury, the Word of God team needed Yemi Makanjuola to pick up the slack. Yemi responded with a couple big numbers. He dropped 16pts, 11rbs and 2blks against Waccamaw Christian Academy, He had another double! double against Trinity high school with 10pts, 13rbs and 2blks in a 74-61 victory and yesterday, he topped it all with a 13pts, 17rbs and 4blks performance against Victory Christian Academy in a 68-48 in a win. Yemi has really stepped his game up while Joseph Uchebo is sidelined...Joseph is scheduled to be back when Word of God Christian Academy goes head to head with Quality Christian Academy who has another Nigerian Lekan Ajayi playing the center position. Its going to be an interesting matchup of a couple Nigerians on both sides.

Yemi is right now considering a couple of schools. He has taken official visits to Loyola Marymount and Drexel University. While he is still highly considering both colleges, he has put his search on hold for the main time while he concentrates on the season. He told Radarhoops that he would like to take a couple more visits before he makes his decision after the season which will end by early March."

Last edited:
has this been confirmed? Do not see it on volquest or volinsider, or govols.com?

Warm bodies IMO and it can't get much worse that what Fields, Maymon, Hall and Pearl, brought to the team, offensively. Just as long as he's not #97 on those clips,

Will Dwight Miller from Midland still visit now, or is Martin done for this year?
I was wondering the same thing.
Zo said 11 schollys this year.
Miller was coming in and Guest was waiting on a call.
I thought we'd go for the 3 pt shooter.
Wrong again.

If the kid played at Oak Hill Academy he had to show some type of potential for D-1.

Wow... why throw a scholly for a project like this? Just so we have 5 extra fouls inside? ... mind bottling

If the kid played at Oak Hill Academy he had to show some type of potential for D-1.
Had to play behind 6’10” center Baye Keita. (Syracuse)

According to scout.com, Keita was the 19th best center in the 2010 recruiting class.

True. He went from Oak Hill to John Wall and CJ Leslie's old high school. Considering the talent that has come out of both schools I would say you have to show some sort of pulse on the court. That's atleast an upgrade from Renaldo Woolridge and Jeronne Maymon.

True. He went from Oak Hill to John Wall and CJ Leslie's old high school. Considering the talent that has come out of both schools I would say you have to show some sort of pulse on the court. That's atleast an upgrade from Renaldo Woolridge and Jeronne Maymon.

I'm not sold on this kid being better than either of those players... At least not for a couple years. He is nothing more than someone who can hopefully come in and get 3-5 rebounds and a block in very limited foul-trouble induced minutes.

VN Store

Back