Griffith draws parallel between Clausen/Pearl; embarrasses himself on twitter

volwarrior33

Griffith: It will be interesting to see and hear what is being said a year from now about Hopson, Pearl and Tennessee basketball. Reminds me of fans down on Casey Clausen and disappointed Fulmer "only" winning 9-10 games a season. "Anybody" could do better, they said...

Wolken: What's there to say other than a guy thinking he was above the rules getting caught and ruining a good thing?

Griffith: What does Calipari's Memphis team have to do with this?

Wolken: Not a thing.

Griffith: Exactly - Pearl is the one who lied about having a kid to his house for a barbecue - not Calipari

Wolken: He's responsible for messing up a lot people's careers. Was a phony from beginning to end. Not a good guy.

Griffith: Cal says his players love him tho

Wolken: Did @FakeMikeGriffith take over your real account today?

Griffith: Dan, u crack me up!

Last edited:
I wish that douchenozzle was still posting here to see the ridicule he's going to get over this

Griffith is just mad he looks like a fool for actually believing Pearl was anything other than a piece of trash. Sad when the Memphis beat writer has a more accurate read on somebody than the guy who was with him every day.

I couldn't help myself. I had to go and send him about 5 replys on twitter. I really should control myself because Griff is a lost cause.

I still don't understand how he's able to tweet with his head firmly up Pearl's @ss.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Surprised he has time to tweet with softball season being in full swing.

This. We all know how cut-throat he is when it comes to softball.

You would think this type of experience would help him understand Pearl and Fulmer's situation a little better. He should know that Fulmer and Pearl weren't ruthless enough.:D

Griffith is just mad he looks like a fool for actually believing Pearl was anything other than a piece of trash. Sad when the Memphis beat writer has a more accurate read on somebody than the guy who was with him every day.

I'd be shocked if Softball isn't a complete laughing stock among his peers.

I spend too much time in the Endzone. I completely missed why we keep referring to Griffith as "Softball".

He must have pictures of KNS's top brass in compromising positions or they would fire his incompetant a$$!

It will be interesting to see and hear what is being said a year from now about Hopson, Pearl and Tennessee basketball. Reminds me of fans down on Casey Clausen and disappointed Fulmer "only" winning 9-10 games a season. "Anybody" could do better, they said...

This is dead on balls accurate. Sometimes the truth hurts.

This is dead on balls accurate. Sometimes the truth hurts.

I agree about the Clausen comments. However, you are lost if you think the football program's problem is Fulmer being gone. He is the sole reason the team has struggled the last two years. Pearl's recruiting and lying is the sole reason the basketball team is going to suck next year.

I cannot respect the opinion of anyone who can't see that Pearl lost his team this season, yet he talks about a guy who has won 11 NBA championships losing his team. It is ashamed the light from Pearl's forehead has blinded him from seeing the truth.

I'd be shocked if Softball isn't a complete laughing stock among his peers.
Wolken writes for a real newspaper. The person Griff hates most on this board had the first story he ever wrote professionally become a Basketball Times cover story. You tell me.

I can somewhat see the comparison bt Clausen and hopson. I may not agree, but I see the point he's trying to make.

But to even try to compare pearl and fulmer is absolutely idiotic, even for softball's standards.

Griffith needs to stick to what he likes best alamba football an his love affair of Shaun Alexander

Wolken writes for a real newspaper. The person Griff hates most on this board had the first story he ever wrote professionally become a Basketball Times cover story. You tell me.

Moving to "The Daily" was a good move for Wolken. He tried to hard to be controversial on his radio show and via his twitter his last few months in Memphis.

His "Pearl" rants were quite entertaining though.

That said, he has absolutely owned Griffith on twitter. I am pretty sure he does it now just for fun. I seem to remember it all starting with Griffith responding to a tweet that Wolken did about Pearl.....Wolken replied back to ask who the hell he was and then unloaded on him after that....wish I would have saved that transcript for a rainy day.

VN Store

Back