If we have 1 more scholarship in 2011, IT NEEDS TO GO TO THIS KID:

Rorban

His name is Joey Gripper. I've seen him play over 4 years and I do believe at some point in the future you will be hearing about him making waves in college basketball. He needs to get stronger obviously, but he does have the talent and upside.

He has a great name, and he does have a good all around game. Unfortunately he plays at a small school which has limited the big time schools from catching him play.

Here are some of his highlight videos:

YouTube - Joey Gripper work out Fastest guard in philly?
YouTube - Joey Gripper volume 9.wmv

We're taking chances on guys right now, why not 1 more?

His name is Joey Gripper. I've seen him play over 4 years and I do believe at some point in the future you will be hearing about him making waves in college basketball. He needs to get stronger obviously, but he does have the talent and upside.

He has a great name, and he does have a good all around game. Unfortunately he plays at a small school which has limited the big time schools from catching him play.

Here are some of his highlight videos:

YouTube - Joey Gripper work out Fastest guard in philly?
YouTube - Joey Gripper volume 9.wmv

We're taking chances on guys right now, why not 1 more?

He does not get offers because he is not impressive. I just wasted minutes of my life watching the first video you posted.

I can't believe you people are dissin'
The Gripper.

*racist post is racist IMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've played against better people than him on Knoxville playgrounds. The way he dribbles the ball out wide like he does is just inviting a half decent defender to take it.

I don't get the hate. While I agree he's not what we need, his offer list is better than some of our recruits. Says Penn state is his favorite.

I don't get the hate. While I agree he's not what we need, his offer list is better than some of our recruits. Says Penn state is his favorite.

Penn State does not have a men's basketball team (neither does Wisconsin).

That's funny seeing as how they made it as far as we did this year.

That's funny seeing as how they made it as far as we did this year.

I could not care less how far they made it. When you win an NCAA basketball game by a final score of 36-33, you lose the right to dignity and respect. The only way I will ever look upon the Wisconsin and Penn State XXY-Chomosone basketball teams with any respect is if and when one of them wins a national championship at some point in the future.

Until then, they need to be playing with the girls.

Ok. He's not strong enough and doesn't have a frame to put on much. He's not 6'1 (all coaches and players add 1-4 inches on ht, especially at guard). He can't elevate. He can crossover ok, but it's borderline carry. He doesn't stand out as to be quicker than others on the floor. His release is a little low and without elevation, he'd have trouble getting it off.
He'd be a good player for Rhodes or Millsaps, which is nothing to be ashamed about.

I could not care less how far they made it. When you win an NCAA basketball game by a final score of 36-33, you lose the right to dignity and respect. The only way I will ever look upon the Wisconsin and Penn State XXY-Chomosone basketball teams with any respect is if and when one of them wins a national championship at some point in the future.

Until then, they need to be playing with the girls.
Damn dude who put that pineapple up your butt?

Ok. He's not strong enough and doesn't have a frame to put on much. He's not 6'1 (all coaches and players add 1-4 inches on ht, especially at guard). He can't elevate. He can crossover ok, but it's borderline carry. He doesn't stand out as to be quicker than others on the floor. His release is a little low and without elevation, he'd have trouble getting it off.
He'd be a good player for Rhodes or Millsaps, which is nothing to be ashamed about.

Spot on...which is why the best school he has listed (on ESPN) is Harvard.

Yeah Wisconsin is a disgrace. You must be a closet Ohio State fan.

VN Store

Back