Tobias Harris staying in NBA Draft

I'm really happy for him. Even though this is terrible for the short term potential of Tennessee basketball, this is a great thing for the program.

Last edited:
bittersweet...

It will be great to see a Tennessee player go in the 1st round. But unfortunately our current staff can't claim credit, and our team takes a huge hit for next year.

but, I've been wanting an excuse to buy an NBA jersey

I'm really happy for him. Even though it it is terrible for the short term potential of Tennessee basketball, this is a great thing for the program.

I wouldn't say easy... the word is he's on the verge of being a lottery pick.

He's a great representative of the university and I look forward to watching him in the pros!

Good luck to him and I wish him well. Wouldn't even have considered coming back if I was him. I'm old school though. I want TN to build a program and team and get to know these guys and watch them improve and grow to be men. Call me crazy, but I don't want one and doners. Never have and never will.

why one and dones are a program killer...he came here, he won nothing and is now an afterthought, rather have have the Chism's and Lofton's who never will play in the NBA and wear Tennessee with pride and take us to new heights...Harris is a mediocre at best NBA player and already forgotten...see ya

Definitely bittersweet. I look forward to following him in the NBA for a long time. Thanks Tobias and good luck!

why one and dones are a program killer...he came here, he won nothing and is now an afterthought, rather have have the Chism's and Lofton's who never will play in the NBA and wear Tennessee with pride and take us to new heights...Harris is a mediocre at best NBA player and already forgotten...see ya

He could be the last player actually drafted from UT for quite some time. He may not be forgotten for a while.

Get real. Bruce Pearl lying to the NCAA is a program killer. Not Tobias Harris

Also, we don't want to have an Arian Foster repeat strictly draft stock wise. (Predicted second round, comes back, then goes much later or even undrafted.) I would however, love to see Tobias have the level of success that Foster has had so far.

I guess he will give me an NBA team to cheer for and watch now. He will be very missed here at UT. Best of luck to him. I know it's got to be a dream to be a first-round NBA draft pick.

I think it will be quite a few years before he reaches his full potential. He would have been a much better draft pick if he had another year of college experience under his belt...IMHO. Good luck to him.

VN Store

Back