NCAA rule change

Cheese played Bball? I can't open the article due to our web filter at work so I am assuming this rule change is only pertinant to Bball?

The rule change is for the benefit of the rich coaches.
And, yet the NCAA continues its claim of being about student-athletes.

Hate this rule change.
There's a good chance this will have exactly the opposite effect of what the coaches who proposed it hope. Less time to make a decision may cause players to say "What the hell? I'll take my chances in the draft." It would serve the coaches right if that happens.

There's a good chance this will have exactly the opposite effect of what the coaches who proposed it hope. Less time to make a decision may cause players to say "What the hell? I'll take my chances in the draft." It would serve the coaches right if that happens.

I'm pretty certain it will make players go to the NBA more than it will make them stay.

This is bad for everyone concerned IMO. Some people will keep their name in and some people will just not submit at all because the brief evaluation period concerning workouts etc... There just won't be enough time to properly get everyone testing the waters evaluated. This, in effect, makes it a crapshoot for players and for NBA scouts as well. Nevermind the colleges that have invested a lot of money in kids that may end up back in school paying their own way or playing oversea's for a fraction of what they expected to gross by declaring. IMO the best solution is to be drafted out of HS like baseball or have to stay on campus for 3 years before retaining eligibility similar to football.

More kids that are not ready will leave early and wind up with very little to show for it. Thank yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu, 'AA.

This is bad for everyone concerned IMO. Some people will keep their name in and some people will just not submit at all because the brief evaluation period concerning workouts etc... There just won't be enough time to properly get everyone testing the waters evaluated. This, in effect, makes it a crapshoot for players and for NBA scouts as well. Nevermind the colleges that have invested a lot of money in kids that may end up back in school paying their own way or playing oversea's for a fraction of what they expected to gross by declaring. IMO the best solution is to be drafted out of HS like baseball or have to stay on campus for 3 years before retaining eligibility similar to football.
Good thoughts. I realize that it can't be enforced, but I would love it if a NBA team drafted a high schooler (if your proposal was initiated) and then the team was required to pay him for 4 seasons. Also, include a fund for the guys college education.

VN Store

Back