Bigger than beating Kansas

MikeHamiltonFan

For the program would be beating Michigan next year in Maui.

Michigan is almost certainly losing less than Tennessee next year.

Chris Jones is not going to be the scorer to pick up the slack if/when Hopson is gone.

A team that picks themselves up from a 30 point drubbing that beats Michigan will be making a strong statement about starting under Coach Martin.

Maui is incredibly important for the Vols because it will either give them the confidence they need to do better than expected, or it could devastate them so they fold their tents and finish 5th in the SEC East.

I am expecting that Martin will have them playing hard defense and cutting crisply in the half court offense. I think Martin will have picked up some fans by the time that tournament is over.

For the program would be beating Michigan next year in Maui.

Michigan is almost certainly losing less than Tennessee next tear.

Chris Jones is not going to be the scorer to pick up the slack if/when Hopson is gone.

A team that picks themselves up from a 30 point drubbing that beats Michigan will be making a strong statement about starting under Coach Martin.

Maui is incredibly important for the Vols because it will either give them the confidence they need to do better than expected, or it could devastate them so they fold their tents and finish 5th in the SEC East.

I am expecting that Martin will have them playing hard defense and cutting crisply in the half court offense. I think Martin will have picked up some fans by the time that tournament is over.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Gonna be tough for Jones to see playing time for UT in that game. His JUCO team is also playing Muddy River of Duquesne Community and Technical School (home of the Fighting Carp), and he wont be able to make the trip to Maui for the Michigan game.

Last edited:
Maybe the OP is just pointing out that Jones will not be able to pick up ANY of Hopson's offense. :)

If Darius Morris stays in the draft, it'll be two unranked teams playing for the right to get annihilated in the second round. I could see how that would be big news.

Gonna be tough for Jones to see playing time for UT in that game. His JUCO team is also playing Muddy River of Duquesne Community and Technical School (home of the Fighting Carp), and he wont be able to make the trip to Maui for the Michigan game.

:lolabove:

If Darius Morris stays in the draft, it'll be two unranked teams playing for the right to get annihilated in the second round. I could see how that would be big news.

so it's already set ? ut vs. mich in the 1st round ? great !!

Michigan is losing less and chris jones is not going to pick up the slack because he will not be in. People argued that losing hopson would be okay bc of chris jones.

Early tournaments matter a great deal, ask Anthony Grant.

Last year TN did not have a new coach. Fans and players will respond in different ways to 2 wins and a close loss than 3 blowout losses and momentum wil carry positive or negative.

I'm going to assume it is. Otherwise, this discussion makes even less sense.

May want to tell the tournament to update their website then considering I can't find a thing about it on there.

Of the 8 teams going to the island, all things considered, it's going to be hard to convince me we're not playing Duke or Kansas first.

Last edited:
May want to tell the tournament to update their website then considering I can't find a thing about it on there.

Of the 8 teams going to the island, all things considered, it's going to be hard to convince me we're not playing Duke or Kansas first.

me 2. i hope it's duke, if true.

So called "good fans" have to decide between acting like the win by Bruce Pearl's team was no big deal, or bashing MHF.

the format will be much like the nit was last year. the difference is ,you only have to win one game to get to go to the islands. duke, mich, georgetown, kansas and ucla among others to be there. should be a great tournament. i can't wait.

the format will be much like the nit was last year. the difference is ,you only have to win one game to get to go to the islands. duke, mich, georgetown, kansas and ucla among others to be there. should be a great tournament. i can't wait.
You don't have to win any games to get to Maui. It's an eight team field and everyone goes to the island.

Actually, I think the new format allows select teams to host some home games first.
So, they've got to the idiotic format that other tournaments have gone to in order to max out the number of exempt games? You've got eight predetermined teams going to Maui, but there will still be some games on the mainland? Brilliant.

So, they've got to the idiotic format that other tournaments have gone to in order to max out the number of exempt games? You've got eight predetermined teams going to Maui, but there will still be some games on the mainland? Brilliant.

I'm pretty sure. I read up on it a few months back, but it didn't really make sense. The article stated three teams would play a mainland doubleheader while a fourth team played a single game, all on the mainland. It stated that twelve teams total are supposed to be involved with the other four selected at a later date.

I do agree that it's stupid. Why destroy what is working well by making a confusing format?

VN Store

Back