We'll Find Out Next Year How Much Real Support The Basketball Program Has.

hatvol96

The Pearlophiles and The Go To The Game To Be Seen Crowd will be long gone. The frontrunners will be nowhere to be found. The crowds will now consist of people who actually care about and support the program, not some clown in body paint. It'll be a welcome change.

I live about 3.5 hours out, and am going to make sure and get some tickets this year. I admit to settling for HD TV and saving $$$ in the past. I think I will have to help sell out TBA [proud to do it], not brag about the atmosphere from my recliner.

Last edited:
The Pearlophiles and The Go To The Game To Be Seen Crowd will be long gone. The frontrunners will be nowhere to be found. The crowds will now consist of people who actually care about and support the program, not some clown in body paint. It'll be a welcome change.

I agree. It will be interesting to see the attendance next year. I'm hopeful there are enough true fans of the program that Pearl not being there won't really matter.

That's good, it will help weed out the bandwagoners from the real Tennessee fans.

What if I supported Pearl to the end and was also a 20 year season ticket holder? Don't you think there are some of us out there too?

That's good, it will help weed out the bandwagoners from the real Tennessee fans.

You are right. It was so much better when 8,000 "true fans" were in the stands for SEC games rather than 20,000. The atmosphere was electric back in 1994.

What if I supported Pearl to the end and was also a 20 year season ticket holder? Don't you think there are some of us out there too?
If you were there for 14 years before Pearl showed up, why would you think you're one of the people I'm talking about?

If you were there for 14 years before Pearl showed up, why would you think you're one of the people I'm talking about?

I think that you think someone who was intoxicated by the Pearl-era couldn't have possibly been there for Wade Houston.

Maybe I am reading between the lines though.

Hopefully the crowds will now consist of people who support the program AND the coach....How long before some of our loyal fans are calling coach Martin a "clown"?

I think that you think someone who was intoxicated by the Pearl-era couldn't have possibly been there for Wade Houston.

Maybe I am reading between the lines though.
Not at all. I'm talking about the people who think UT started playing basketball in the Fall of 2005. They'll all be gone now and I won't miss them one damn bit. In fact, I hope they vacate the state and move to Northwest Florida with Forbes to wait for Pearl's return.

How long before some of our loyal fans are calling coach Martin a "clown"?
How long before he tries to pass himself off as an ethical martyr? How long before he show up in bodypaint? How long before he lies to the 'AA? If you know those dates, you have the answer to your question.

I'd rather have a full arena full of both die-hard and bandwagon fans. The fact remains that Tennessee basketball doesn't have enough faithful "14 year season ticket holder" fans to fill up TBA through a down year or two. We must win to pack the house and in turn make the money for the program. You know that. Surely you're not suggesting we have a mediocre year just to see who the "real" fans are, are you?

Not at all. I'm talking about the people who think UT started playing basketball in the Fall of 2005. They'll all be gone now and I won't miss them one damn bit. In fact, I hope they vacate the state and move to Northwest Florida with Forbes to wait for Pearl's return.

Ok. It's all good.

How long before he tries to pass himself off as an ethical martyr? How long before he show up in bodypaint? How long before he lies to the 'AA? If you know those dates, you have the answer to your question.

I could do without the 'AA problems myself:)...but I dont see anything wrong with showing school spirit.

Havent been on VN long enough to know...so was it the bodypainting incedent or the 'AA probs when you started calling coach Pearl "clown",ect...?

Word to Big Bird "G" :rock:

thumbnail.aspx

Last time I checked both are needed. Regardless of attachment to the program. If your so called "real fans" make up a small percentage it will definitely not be a welcome change.

I'd rather have a full arena full of both die-hard and bandwagon fans. The fact remains that Tennessee basketball doesn't have enough faithful "14 year season ticket holder" fans to fill up TBA through a down year or two. We must win to pack the house and in turn make the money for the program. You know that. Surely you're not suggesting we have a mediocre year just to see who the "real" fans are, are you?

+1

Remember, you're in charge of putting the curtain back up. Instead of a black curtain next year, see if you can find a bright orange one.

In my experience, the ones complaining about the curtains were not even present when they were used.

Just another Pear was basketball God post. Obviously curtains will be there unless Pearl is coach. I'm so sick of this constant babbling that no one can win and fill the arena except Pearl.

VN Store

Back