PG Chris Jones to Junior College

Sad. Too many of these "star" kids pay no attention to their academics. Here's to hoping maybe someday he'll be a Vol, provided he doesn't flunk outta JUCO...

Sad. Too many of these "star" kids pay no attention to their academics. Here's to hoping maybe someday he'll be a Vol, provided he doesn't flunk outta JUCO...

Supersmo 18, are you okay buddy? Spoke to my family in Ooltewah all last night and my mom told me Ringgold is pretty bad. Hope your well and your family and praying for all.

Anyone know if Ware is having qualifying issues too? Is that part of the reason he picked UCF out of the blue?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Anyone know if Ware is having qualifying issues too? Is that part of the reason he picked UCF out of the blue?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

As evidenced by Jones not being qualified to get into UT, Ware committing or signing with a school does not equate to getting into the school.

I understand your point that maybe Ware has a better chance of getting in at UCF. But only time will tell.

With all the jockeying around that Jones did this year, to me, while I am disappointed at this turn ofevents.......I am not the least surprised.

Last edited:
Next season is going to be real ugly. If we get hit with a post-season ban in June the wheels will completely come off the mens program. Good luck to CCM and the staff. I do not envy their position.

Last edited:
How hard is it to get a C average in HS? Really?

Word is the kid will be a Vol one day. That day will just have to be a year or two from now.

In the meantime he gets to play ball in a 30 million dollar arena in Destin, FL. I can think of worse ways to spend my 18th and 19th year.

After this news:

We better hope both Hopson & Harris come back or we're gonna be pretty bad next season and probably beyond that. We have lost both Jones & Ware. Those are two players you can't replace.

Richardson looks to be a solid guard but he's not a 4-5 star recruit either. Washpun isn't that caliber player either. We're hurting right now and not looking good for the future either. :eek:hmy:

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Melrose academic support sucks, and the people tugging on these kids coats don't help them focus. Getting the boot mid year from the private school, and having to return back to the Mound made his chances negligible. The stories about how close he was to qualifying were not accurate.

trae golden was going to start as the point guard anyways. It was just how long until Chris Jones took over.

VN Store

Back