Mike Griffith predicts the future...

"The vols could finish anywhere from first to last in the SEC Eastern division"... Well thank you Mr. Griffith for this ground breaking news. could be some of his best work there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Griffith thinks there's a scenario under which UT wins the SEC East next year, he needs to just make the softball beat his full time job.

My favorite part of the analysis:

He talks up Jones and then gives a projected finish . . .
Jones would provide a bigger boost than many might think - he's better than his No. 39 Rivals rating implies. Still, with questions about the front-line and no experienced go-to player, this team would finish no higher than fifth in the SEC East Division en route to the NIT.
Then in the scenario without Jones he projects . . . the exact same thing.
A lack of front-line depth, and some questions about scoring in the backcourt would make it a challenging season in Knoxville. This team would need to fight for fifth in the SEC Eastern Division and a spot in the NIT.
Waste column inches much?

If Griffith thinks there's a scenario under which UT wins the SEC East next year, he needs to just make the softball beat his full time job.

What if all the other teams in the East lose their best 8 players in the pre-season? To cover the entire softball field, you have to account for all contingencies.

What if all the other teams in the East lose their best 8 players in the pre-season? To cover the entire softball field, you have to account for all contingencies.

That what the Steve Spurrier of teenage Knox County Softball does.

Dang, I thought we had some real questions going into next year...but that clears it up.

He's an idiot if he thinks anybody but us will occupy the sixth-place spot.

Does he pick powerball numbers too?

Good question. He does and is very good at covering all his bases (pun). He once told me how he won all the time; his reasoning was, each of the numbers has to be 1 all the way up to 35. Great sportswriter :)

I enjoyed the article. Once we know if hopson or harris are coming back and whether jones is getting in I would enjoy reading haters predictions as well. I can bet they will hedge.

Fighting to make the NIT and comfortably getting in after finishing 5th in the east are different.

If McRae has a break-through year, we won't miss Hopson. We do need Harris to return to have a good season.

LOL I commend you for the admittance of probable failure. :) That's difficult for anyone to do!

Hey, it is what it is. I have no problem admitting our basketball team sucks. I do have a problem with MG, who is supposed to be a sports journalist, not being able to recognize that. UT may not have a good year next year, but there is no way in hell they will be worse than us.

I enjoyed the article. Once we know if hopson or harris are coming back and whether jones is getting in I would enjoy reading haters predictions as well. I can bet they will hedge.

Fighting to make the NIT and comfortably getting in after finishing 5th in the east are different.
Griff?

Not going to click on the link. He'll get credit for hits. Reading the summary and feedback is enough.

VN Store

Back