2011/2012 Breakout Player...

PandamoniumReigns

Bob Needs To Retire
There are alot of unknowns with the upcoming 2011/12 season. With Zo's style of play, which player do you feel will have a breakout season, and why?

NOTE: Let's leave Scotty and Tobias out of this equation. Referring to the rest of the team.

I say McBee may pleasantly surprise a few. I am not saying he is destined to lead the team in scoring or be a dominant offensive force. However, it appears Coach Martin's style of play will allow for open, set looks from long. McBee may actually be able to develop a consistent shot since he may actually have consistent looks by design in a game.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if Golden and McRae don't have very productive sophomore years.

If kenny can stay out of foul trouble then he gets my vote

I also think that Maymon can be so aggressive (ball hog) that I would not be suprised to see him score a ton of points in a couple games where his shots fall

Golden definitly has some talent and I'd like to see Cuonzo make Kenny Hall into a productive player.

Kenny Hall. I would say Skylar McBee, but I don't think he'll get enough minutes to have a breakout year.

We should all hope its Kenny Hall.....We need a force inside because believe it or not, losing Brian Williams will hurt us. Ive watched Kenny Hall play sparingly in the past 2 years but sometimes he catches fire and plays really well.....He needs to lay off the stupid fouls though. Just my 2 cents.

Kenny Hall and Jordan McRae would be my first two with Golden not trailing too far behind. McBee will only be a situational player this season IMO. I think Swiperboy has a chance to earn some quality minutes as well with Steven gone. Woolridge played fairly well early on last season before his minutes vanished.

I think McRae has the potential to breakout, but his lack of playing time last year may set him back. I'm not saying he should have played more last year, but he may not be able to grow as much as some people are expecting. But I could be totally wrong.

I'll say Woolridge. He should be playing at least 20 mpg unless he's just terrible.

McRae was described as the most impressive player in spring drills by Martin and staff.
I'd say he'll be the welcome surprise.

I'm not saying he should have played more last year, but he may not be able to grow as much as some people are expecting.

McRae should have been playing last year. I mean, is there anyone that actually believes that McBee was the better option?

McRae should have been playing last year. I mean, is there anyone that actually believes that McBee was the better option?

Good point. I guess I can't formulate an opinion right now since he didn't play that much. I'm just not going to give him the benefit of the doubt right now (even though there is a decent chance he would have been a better option). I just have to see it to believe it.

Hall will be the most improved. The stupid fouls he committed were just lack of discipline. The entire team made stupid fouls and turnovers. That will end!

There are alot of unknowns with the upcoming 2011/12 season. With Zo's style of play, which player do you feel will have a breakout season, and why?

NOTE: Let's leave Scotty and Tobias out of this equation. Referring to the rest of the team.

I say McBee may pleasantly surprise a few. I am not saying he is destined to lead the team in scoring or be a dominant offensive force. However, it appears Coach Martin's style of play will allow for open, set looks from long. McBee may actually be able to develop a consistent shot since he may actually have consistent looks by design in a game.

Your thoughts?

you're high. McBee will never be an effective player. he's lucky to be on the team, and he was lucky to play last year and if Martin knows what he's doing he won't play next year.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Woolridge. For some reason it seemed like him and Bruce had a "falling out" last season... he was really happy with the Cuonzo hire so I see him putting in more effort. He has all the potential to be a legit baller.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He has all the potential to be a legit baller.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've yet to see any real evidence of that. He's too slow to guard the 3, he's not physical enough to play the 4. He doesn't handle the ball well enough to play the 3, and he has virtually no offensive post game. The only thing I've seen from him is being an incredibly inconsistent shooter that can jump.

I was watching the practice video (I know, it's just practice..practice?) with CCM and McRae was filling it up like an NBA player--uncanny how he was hitting those baskets with the way the coaches were running them--anyone else see it? He gets my vote.

VN Store

Back