After watching some Mizz State games

RICK0380

I really think Hopson should come back, I mean he can only improve his stock cause he may not even get drafted. He has the athletic ability to improve his draft status big time by next season. I was watching some of Coach Martins games and he really seems to let his athletes play ball, not too much of a "set" he kinda lets them flow with it like a Kansas or U Conn. So Hopson can be a big time scorer with him. Would like Harris back too but he will flourish wherever he is. The guy is just that good. With Jones coming in and Hopson back, along with Maymon I think the team could be very strong next year.

Hopson would be a beast next year in the SEC and could prob use another year to harness his skills. Tobias proved last year that he was the real deal. Another year at UT would, IMO land Harris in the top 5 (min). Maymon is a guy who just never FULLY got it together last year. Hopefully Coach Martin's hard nose style and rigid practices whip Maymon in2 shape. I think he has big potential! I also hope Cam can turn it up and Swiper Boy out ballz his raps! Lots of talent on the team, let's see what Martin can do.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Nothing is final yet so let's wait and see what we have before the speculation begins.

Im not sure what you all saw last year out of Maymon, but I saw a guy who was extremely lucky to make a layup

exactly the truth- looked like a deer in the headlights
Maymon was a 4 star on Rivals.
He was recruited by Tracy webster while he was at KY. Never offered though.
The potential is there. Webster and Zo will bring it out if it exists.
Maymon's daddy thought he'd be a 1and done at Marquett.
Don't think there was much quality coaching going on here last year.
Pearl and assistants knew they were out of a job. too much distraction.

Its Missouri State....not Mizz State. Mizzou is strickly for University of Missouri. Mizzou fans get very ticked off about people calling the school in Springfield ...Mizzou State. Mizzou fought tooth and nail to prevent Southwest Missouri State from becoming Missouri State University a few years ago. Obviously not on the same level, but you wouldn't call the institution in Starkville ...Ole Miss State.

Its Missouri State....not Mizz State. Mizzou is strickly for University of Missouri. Mizzou fans get very ticked off about people calling the school in Springfield ...Mizzou State. Mizzou fought tooth and nail to prevent Southwest Missouri State from becoming Missouri State University a few years ago. Obviously not on the same level, but you wouldn't call the institution in Starkville ...Ole Miss State.

why would we care about how Mizzou fans feel?

Boo F'n hoo!! Who gives a shiz about Mizzou or Ole Miss??
Posted via VolNation Mobile

psycho

You better believe I will ... MSU = ole miss state

i could care less............ but not much less.

that post is just weird.

Hopson's best bet is to remain in the draft.

I don't follow the NBA to agree or disagree, but I would hope that he could improve his game by some defensive coaching......

I think Tobias would benefit from that as well, but I don't know what the NBA is willing to pay for.

Hopson's best bet is to remain in the draft.
The more I think about this, the more I agree with this statement. Is he ready to make an impact in the league, absolutely not. But consider this, SH has a good deal of work to do before making any type of impact in the NBA. Ball handling skills, rebounding, staying focused, playing hard consistently, mental and physical toughness. The list goes on and on.

Based on the current player's comments about how everyone is getting better, there is no doubt CCM and staff would improve SH's game if he came back and bought into the system. That being said, as things look right now, he is projected to go to the Lakers or Spurs due to being projected so low. If that happens he is part of an instant title contender and can learn under great coaches w/o having any pressure to contribute early in his career.

If he comes back he's going to have to bust his butt (something he has rarely shown he's willing to do in college) and have tremendous pressure as a senior to produce game in and game out. I think he leaves for sure if he is projected to go to a title contender where he has a chance to develop for a couple years before being counted on to produce night in and night out.

VN Store

Back