Pearl's Character - More to be revealed

ChuckG

Benicetoeachother
Just some addition information bout Pearl

I know for a fact that he (CBP) has add zero contact with any of his former assistant coaches sans Jason Slay, who if he wants to coach again must maintain a relationship with Pearl as he is the only man he ever worked for in coaching. I thought Pearl shot the moon, until recently. Prior to learning this information the situation was disappointing…. Pearl got in over his head…we all can get caught up…whatever he is human also. This latest incite coupled with the recent article that portrayed the Illinois assistant’s side of the Deon Thomas saga has led me to have a change of heart. Pearl was and always will be a salesman, a highly skilled one, but still a salesman that is willing to do whatever it takes to make a sale. I now I all but certain that his actions in regards to the NCAA, ignoring the administration in regards to acting lily white, the Deon Thomas deal, and now acting as if the men you spent all day every day with the last six years are so unimportant that they due not even warrant …what a phone call…maybe an apology? are more revealing of his character than the cancer work etc.. I hate to say this but I got conned by the man…wow this is hard… He is cheese ball and perhaps always has been! This might be even more difficult to own, but I got to give it up to the HatMan…You were right.

zero-dollar-bill-20080623-200620.jpg

I know for a fact that he (CBP) has add zero contact with any of his former assistant coaches sans Jason Slay, who if he wants to coach again must maintain a relationship with Pearl as he is the only man he ever worked for in coaching. I thought Pearl shot the moon, until recently. Prior to learning this information the situation was disappointing…. Pearl got in over his head…we all can get caught up…whatever he is human also. This latest incite coupled with the recent article that portrayed the Illinois assistant’s side of the Deon Thomas saga has led me to have a change of heart. Pearl was and always will be a salesman, a highly skilled one, but still a salesman that is willing to do whatever it takes to make a sale. I now I all but certain that his actions in regards to the NCAA, ignoring the administration in regards to acting lily white, the Deon Thomas deal, and now acting as if the men you spent all day every day with the last six years are so unimportant that they due not even warrant …what a phone call…maybe an apology? are more revealing of his character than the cancer work etc.. I hate to say this but I got conned by the man…wow this is hard… He is cheese ball and perhaps always has been! This might be even more difficult to own, but I got to give it up to the HatMan…You were right.

Thank you for the laugh.

I was more wrong than most in my unquestioning support of Bruce. After the firing I expected many more instances of his dereliction to surface.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We have no idea the true character of these college coaches or what skeletons they have in their closet. Look at the Jim Tressel situation, gets worse everyday. It's getting like the steroids issue in baseball, big name players get busted using, big name coaches get busted lying and cheating. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Pearl is not associated with Tennessee anymore, so why is this on the basketball board?

We have no idea the true character of these college coaches or what skeletons they have in their closet. Look at the Jim Tressel situation, gets worse everyday. It's getting like the steroids issue in baseball, big name players get busted using, big name coaches get busted lying and cheating. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Tressel got in trouble at Youngstown State for close to the same thing and he also had Troy Smith and agent gate while he was enrolled.

It's not a shock he got caught

I see you went to hat's brainwashing course. lmao

Anytime someone starts a post with "I know for a fact" when it's in reguard to someone other than themselves...you can about pitch it out the window.

I guess you have BP's house phone tapped and are monitoring his cell phone usage??

You is cheese ball....Is Jason Slay related to Ron Slay??

Good or bad, the issue is over now that he is gone. Rumors and made up stories will go on and on and will not change anything. He is no longer the coach and some want to beat a dead horse, say I told you so or whatever. Move on and forget it.

For all of his failings, Pearl did a great job bringing this program up. His efforts to do so went over the top. He was swimming with sharks and got bitten. The other sharks are still swimming around unscathed to this point. He probably thought he had to live on the edge to bring UT BB to prominence. He might have been right. Maybe?

Now that the program is more relevant than when he got here, hopefully the new staff can build on the success and do it the "right way" as some would say.

Good or bad, the issue is over now that he is gone. Rumors and made up stories will go on and on and will not change anything. He is no longer the coach and some want to beat a dead horse, say I told you so or whatever. Move on and forget it.

Link?

Anytime someone starts a post with "I know for a fact" when it's in reguard to someone other than themselves...you can about pitch it out the window.[/QUOTE

Right Guard*
or
Left Guard*

but definately not ReGuard

I'm so tired of hearing all the "holier than thou" attidudes of these posts. You are no better than anyone else, including Bruce Pearl.

Has any of the assistants besides Ron Slay's brother called Bruce Pearl----the man who gave them a job and did not throw them under the bus to save his self like so many other coaches have done in the past. If they havent it will show a lot about their character and I will have lost all respect for them.

I love how it's unacceptable to bash Pearl now, but people still bad mouth Fulmer and he brought the school a NC and is a VFL. I'll never understand our fan base.

VN Store

Back