Scotty Hopson Article

He's a mid-to-late second rounder in my opinion... Coach Zo stresses fundamentals and defense which would benefit Hopson exponentially, making him a more well-rounded player... I believe a year with coach Zo woulda catapult him to the late first round.

He's a mid-to-late second rounder in my opinion... Coach Zo stresses fundamentals and defense which would benefit Hopson exponentially, making him a more well-rounded player... I believe a year with coach Zo woulda catapult him to the late first round.

This.

He is gonna do what he is gonna do.....but you have it spot on sir.

Agree with OP, but does Scotty who is a kid looking at getting some cash for once in his life? It comes down to if he is thinking long or short term.

No doubt he would benefit with a year under our new coaching staff. However, it appears that his mind is made up to test the waters.

If Hopson hasn't made up his mind and signed with an agent, who is covering his expenses/boarding/food as he travels to Jersey, etc?

Not related at all, but Hopson lives on my floor in my dorm and the new nametags on the doors this month are pokemon cards of the students and on his for the skills or attack or whatever it's called it says Dribbling off Feet. Thought that was pretty funny.

Not related at all, but Hopson lives on my floor in my dorm and the new nametags on the doors this month are pokemon cards of the students and on his for the skills or attack or whatever it's called it says Dribbling off Feet. Thought that was pretty funny.

+1

It's Not Very Effective...

(Grew up playing Pokemon)

Virtually all of the players listed as comparisons are at best minimal role players at the next level. Rasaul Butler has shown flashes, but only when the team he is playing for has a rash of injuries. He is nothing but potential, but can't quite find a niche

i wish him the best i just hope he isnt throwing away a possible all sec all amercan type of season for a quick check and a seat on a nba d league team ,very few vols have made it in nba ,watson,is currently playing and houston,ellis,king,grunfield had great carrers,all but king played at ut their senior year ,haislep left before senior season but road bench for two or three years then was out of league,if playing in the nba is their dream then they should play several years or more .not get drafted about the same time as deandre liggans who is being told to go by calamari (poison)to make room for freshman class.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If coach Pearl can't coach offense, defense, fundamentals, and had trouble judging and recruiting talent....How in the world was he one of the most successful coaches in the NCAA the past six years?

If Hopson hasn't made up his mind and signed with an agent, who is covering his expenses/boarding/food as he travels to Jersey, etc?

Would like to know this as well. You think we would have heard something if he did.

If he is receiving benefits from agents, then he has no choice except to not return to UT. Agents who are paying him must be trying to enter the agent market as seasoned agents aren't going to pay for a guy that, at best, is a late second round pick.

If he is receiving benefits from agents, then he has no choice except to not return to UT. Agents who are paying him must be trying to enter the agent market as seasoned agents aren't going to pay for a guy that, at best, is a late second round pick.

There are associate or sub agents in many of the agencies. They can look like champs even if he goes to Turkey and makes 500k. Many of those same agents sign minor league players as well. The signing bonuses and salaries are small, but it becomes a numbers game for them. Agents are a dime a dozen and most agencies only stay afloat by getting a bunch of small timers.

You know what assuming can do to you right? Hopson's family isn't struggling to put food on the table. I'm not saying you are wrong by any means, but that is a bold statement to make unless you have personal knowledge of his situation.

You know what assuming can do to you right? Hopson's family isn't struggling to put food on the table. I'm not saying you are wrong by any means, but that is a bold statement to make unless you have personal knowledge of his situation.

Fair enough, but I didn't take a shot at him or his family. Its not a bold statement to say he isn't coming back and that he is being supported outside of his family.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

IMO it is a bold statement to say he has his hand out for the taking of whatever anyone is offering. That's just my opinion so take it for what you will

VN Store

Back