Patrick Brown's Interview with Coach Martin

Q: Finally, how do you make this your program? How do your put your stamp on it?
A: “Really just winning ballgames — that’s the bottom line for me. I’m not trying to rewrite history; I’m just trying to do my job and be successful and take it one day at a time.”

Enough said.

I like some of the points Cuonzo brought up, but the interview itself was not intriguing.

I could care less if coach Martin't interviews you can hear crickets. As long as he recruits good kids and wins basketball games. That's the bottom line.

I could care less if coach Martin't interviews you can hear crickets. As long as he recruits good kids and wins basketball games. That's the bottom line.

I was referring to the construction of the interview. It was a criticism towards the interviewer, not interviewee.

I agree, a good interview is a lost art in this market.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
basically the same questions i've read for the past two months. bravo on some creativity

“But in most cases, players just want to play basketball. They want to have an opportunity to go to postseason tournaments. I think if we’re able to play in the postseason, I think we’ll be fine. Outside of that, as long as it’s minor things under the table, maybe a scholarship here and there if that happens, I think you can be OK. But I think you’re still able to recruit if you’re able to have postseason opportunities.”

I hope we avoid the postseason ban. I hope the NCAA doesn't go that far. Does anyone know when the release next years scedule? TIA Was UCONN a home and home deal?

“But in most cases, players just want to play basketball. They want to have an opportunity to go to postseason tournaments. I think if we’re able to play in the postseason, I think we’ll be fine. Outside of that, as long as it’s minor things under the table, maybe a scholarship here and there if that happens, I think you can be OK. But I think you’re still able to recruit if you’re able to have postseason opportunities.”

I hope we avoid the postseason ban. I hope the NCAA doesn't go that far. Does anyone know when the release next years scedule? TIA Was UCONN a home and home deal?
STORRS, Conn. - The University of Connecticut and the University of Tennessee have reached an agreement on a two-game series in the sport of men's basketball, it was announced Wednesday.

The Huskies and Vols will meet at Connecticut in the 2010-11 season and then meet in Knoxville in the 2011-12 campaign.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/125673-2011-12-tennessee-basketball-schedule.html

Tell us how they did it back in your day, grandpa.

They didn't have one of those fancy recorder thingys, I will tell you that. And they didn't have the internets to copy all their questions from. A pen and a pad and an inquisitive mind was all they needed to get a good quote. . .

VN Store

Back