Tony Kimbro, Jr.

hatvol96

Class of 2011 shooting guard says his final three are Manhattan, Kansas, and Tennessee.

Seems like we've got way too many guards as is.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Did anyone watch the UT team last season? Almost every game that we lost was because the guard play was deficient and match up problems. Most teams that we played that gave us problems used only one post player most of the time. If we play four guards alot of the time then Hall, Harris, Woolridge and Maymon would be more than adequate for the two post positions. Bradshaw a 6' 4" high school point guard played PF for use during many of our glory years. Ju Smith at 6' 2" played SF. I think last years team was too big with poor ball handling, shooting skills and low basketball IQ.

did not see the game last night. Can you give me a scouting report on Kimbro?

Tenn isn't recruiting him anymore. Espn is slow to update their rcruiting profiles of kids not int their top 100/150. The schools ESPN had mentioned aren't even his top schools anymore. It's most likely Mizzouri,Nebraska,W.KY, or Marquette. The Vols already got a similar player in Josh Richardson.

did not see the game last night. Can you give me a scouting report on Kimbro?

I had never seen him before last night, so I'm not sure how accurate my report could be. However, I can say that he was quick, has long arms, and his J is not too terribly broken. He looked like a solid prospect.

He and a kid called Hickey Jr. were the uncommitted prospects in the game.

Did anyone watch the UT team last season? Almost every game that we lost was because the guard play was deficient and match up problems. Most teams that we played that gave us problems used only one post player most of the time. If we play four guards alot of the time then Hall, Harris, Woolridge and Maymon would be more than adequate for the two post positions. Bradshaw a 6' 4" high school point guard played PF for use during many of our glory years. Ju Smith at 6' 2" played SF. I think last years team was too big with poor ball handling, shooting skills and low basketball IQ.

Louisville came within a possession of winning the Big East this season playing a lineup of 6'8, 6'4, 6'2, 6'2 and 6'0. It can be done.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"Jeffersontown High School senior Tony Kimbro is expected to make a visit on Monday to Manhattan. He currently has offers from Manhattan and Western Kentucky. J’town coach Jeff Morrow said the only school to express new interest through him in recent weeks has been Georgia State."

No mention of UT in the article.

"Jeffersontown High School senior Tony Kimbro is expected to make a visit on Monday to Manhattan. He currently has offers from Manhattan and Western Kentucky. J’town coach Jeff Morrow said the only school to express new interest through him in recent weeks has been Georgia State."

No mention of UT in the article.

Did he dream up offers or interest from Kansas and UT?

I like what little I have seen of this kid but with or without Hopson, I think we have a rotation on the wings that is serviceable next year. Save the scholly for '12.

VN Store

Back