Any new on Hopson or Harris?

VolFanNC09

I know they were exploring the NBA. Did either of them make it official and sign with an agent? Don't they have until the 24th to come back to school?

Still 99% sure Hopson is gone for various reasons. IMO Harris is 50/50 right now. The lockout could play a factor .

Scotty Hopson is then, an incomplete idiot....Hello Europe Forever !!!! Play some D, don't be a sissy, stop whining....I'm glad he's gone. (Incomplete because he at least realizes he can not play in the NBA)

If he's smart he'll leave. Hopsons draft status isnt going to go up. With all the wing players and forwards returning, he'll be picked higher that usual. UNC's players alone would knock him down 3 spots.

Scotty Hopson is then, an incomplete idiot....Hello Europe Forever !!!! Play some D, don't be a sissy, stop whining....I'm glad he's gone. (Incomplete because he at least realizes he can not play in the NBA)

I thought he had some problems with school as well...?

I've never spread rumors etc but wa in the OR today with the mother of John Field's best friend who actually kind of help raise him as he was doing military things. I was wearing my scrub cap with a big T on it (in Lexington...) and she (scrub tech) said she knew Harris very well and that he had promised his mother he would stay in one more year and that his dad had recently said that he most likely would to improve his draft stock. Take it for what it's worth...gave me a litle more confidence. Knew this lady for a little while but first time I wore my new hat/found out she was a TN fam due to her "family" connections.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sorry. Hard to edit on the phone. As John's dad was doing military things is what i meant to say. She also said John got a job with the armed forces network overseas (was a communications major) and will try to play ball over there some and work for the AFN. She works for the VA in Lex an was in NC while in the military if there was question about that.

Last edited:
You people that want Hopson out of UT are funny. I laugh every time I read posts that want our best player to leave.

You people that want Hopson out of UT are funny. I laugh every time I read posts that want our best player to leave.

He sucks unless the ball is in his hands. And about 45% of the time that the ball is in his hands he sucks, too. Hurts our team.

Scotty Hopson has talent but he also has an attitude problem. If you listened to what coach Pearl was saying late in the season, he, in a tactful way, talked about it. Every time Scotty made a mistake, he would hang his head instead of working to improve. At this point in his career, he should be over that. For that reason, I don't think he can make it as a pro.

He sucks unless the ball is in his hands. And about 45% of the time that the ball is in his hands he sucks, too. Hurts our team.

I want Hopson to stay. I think CCM would do wonders for him, thus making Hopson do wonders for the team. Hopson has tons of natural ability that just needs some (or lots) refining and i think CCM is the answer IMHO.

Go Vols!

*this
*was
*getting
*old
*months
*ago.

I just remembered why I don't come around here very often anymore. Save the dumb a** comments for someone else. I wont read the thread again. Consider it a favor. :)

I want Harris much, much, much more than Hopson.

Scotty Hopson has talent but he also has an attitude problem. If you listened to what coach Pearl was saying late in the season, he, in a tactful way, talked about it. Every time Scotty made a mistake, he would hang his head instead of working to improve. At this point in his career, he should be over that. For that reason, I don't think he can make it as a pro.

I agree!

Bruce "no discipline" Pearl blaming problems on others, shocker. A real coach wouldn't allow a player to pout and play zero defense for three years.

I do not. Hopson has some maturing to do for sure, but saying our team would be better without him is ludicrous...

VN Store

Back