Richardson visiting this weekend

And I'd be fine with that. Looks like Ware is visiting Sunday as well but he may not have a scholarship if he doesn't make his mind up.

im sorry im not caught up with the recruits yet who is richardson and ware?

Ability to defend multiple positions! Sounds familar, Wes Washpun also has the ability to defend multiple positions. Both have a need to develop as scorers ( all three coaches were exceptional scorers) which is the reason they are not 4*! If these coaches can develop scorers(shooters) they should have no end of point producers eventually. Hopefully they can fix Cam and McBrick then teach them all how to defend,they should be fun to watch. If Tobias stays and Jones get in we could be pretty good. Go Vols and CCM!

If Richardson commits and signs on the spot then Ware might be looking for another school and not by his choice.Tn will have to save a scolarship for a big man.

I would rather have Richardson myself after looking at their strengths and weaknesses. I like a player that can handle the ball, create shot, and plays defense. I do think both ball handling and defense can be taught though so I am not trying to slam Ware. I just worry that highlight reels which is what they said Ware is known for over hypes a player.

Possible post player. Guy Landry from JC. will visit next weekend. Only 6-5 220. But Coach Martin said in an interview that they may go after an athletic shorter post who can guard several positions. This would be a Temp fix being short on posts next year. Does anyone remember Dane Bradshaw.

What him in Action at:
YouTube - 6'4 Guy Landry Has Sick Bounce; Hoopmixtape Vol. 1

Last edited:
Would rather have Ware but I'll take Richardson if Ware doesn't re-commit

Facts? That was an opinion my friend. The reason I say this is quite simple. Both are quality additions to any roster outside of UK. Ware is considerably more athletic, yet he seems to mentally check out at times. People forget how highly rated Ware was when he originally committed. Then, he went through an injury and while lots of players were moving up through strong AAU showings, Ware, through no fault of his own, fell over 30 spots in OA rank. He also needs to develop more of an outside shot for his slashing game to get maximum effectiveness. He is a streak shooter from outside and kinda like myself, can drain 10 3's in a row and throw up an airball that makes Renaldo's 3pt shot look good. Make no mistake, Ware has all the talent D-Wade had at this age, and if he wants it and works hard, he has the potential to be a 3 and done player. Its all a matter of fortitude when it comes to Ware. He is also very familiar with McRae and Golden from their AAU days together. A head start on team chemistry is always good.

For Richardson: He is a more polished "basketball player" than Ware, but does not possess elite athleticism and reminds me a lot more of Cam Tatum (who looked very similar coming out of HS. Tatum will never reach his potential because he has paper mache knee's... like myself.) Richardson can step in day one and be a better defender, but Ware's upside IMO trumps Richardson's by a long shot.

I have been wrong before and will be wrong again, but looking at our roster and knowing Martin's minute philosophy, there are only back up minutes for one of these kids and if Richardson commits before Ware comes to visit... I'd be shocked if Ware shows up. He, for the first time in over a year, has legitimate interest in other programs and you can't blame the kid for feeling slapped in the face should we sign Richardson before Ware has a chance to come meet with Martin... Unless Richardson is heady enough to know that he could use a redshirt year to develop and leave UT with a better degree. I just see a very slim chance we sign 2 PG's, and 2 wings after looking at our roster. That would leave room for one big man, and if that is Ajayi... he is almost as much of a project as B-Will was and is not an immediate impact solution. Miller is probably the best bet to be able to step into the rotation next season. Hall will do fine in a starter's role IMO. I think he knew his role was limited minutes and NOT to give up ANY easy buckets. When you know you aren't getting more than 7-10 minutes tops, you use those fouls for the betterment of the team while you are in the game. I never saw Bruce get on Hall for quick fouls. I think they were expected at times last season.

We have a decent roster coming back in, and Jones will start from day one. I think whether Golden or Washpun get the back up minutes may be dictated on a game to game basis. If we need pts out of that position while Jones gets a blow, Golden will be in. If we need defense and are getting the pts from one of the other 4 positions, then Washpun will be getting those back up minutes at the 1.

If Scotty does come back, we are loaded to the gills at the wing, and have a serious deficiency in the post. I think we run 2 G's, 2 Wings, and one post. Luckily our wings have solid length and have the potential to be capable rebounders. I really think tempering our expectations too much next season is fallable and we should understand that while we may be young in spots, we have talent, and we have depth. Talent wasn't the issue last season, team chemistry was glaring. That, and the ability to get point production off the bench. Both, IMO, will be better next season providing that Scotty and TH both return. We are still loaded with upper tier talent should we lose them both, but with them, we have elite talent surrounded by more than capable role players. Jones adds another Elite player to the court IMO and gives us that deperately needed 3rd scorer that can stretch the D.

Go Vols!!! Should be an exciting, half court set, high IQ season. I can't wait!!!

Wow... didn't realize how long I went on during that last post. lol, my bad...

On the plus side... That blows Griffith's writing for the past season out of the water! lol!!!

Wish dadurker had better knees and more consistency in his 3 point shooting we had our very own dwade in the making.

I did appreciate the length of the post.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hahaha!!! I'm 5'10" and while I did have a season where I averaged 32 pts per game and over 6 assists... My 38" vertical and game didn't garner much interest from the college level after my joints started breaking down due to a genetic autoimmune disease. I had scholly offers for soccer and football though :)

VN Store

Back