Hubbs mentioned....

stevenharvey11

Volunteer
That UT had very good discussions with Brad Stevens. Indicated he didn't immediately turn then down. Discussions about the NCAA and the timing of Butlers championship run were the biggest problems. By all indications, seemed he thought UT would have had a great shot without those two problems.

I found this interesting.

would have, should have, could have .... don't ya just love the answers these coaches give the reporters.

Never would have happened. I think it's against Tennessee rules to hire a higher profile basketball coach than football coach.

That UT had very good discussions with Brad Stevens. Indicated he didn't immediately turn then down. Discussions about the NCAA and the timing of Butlers championship run were the biggest problems. By all indications, seemed he thought UT would have had a great shot without those two problems.

I found this interesting.

Me too.

He's a reporter. How can a reporter not be reliable when all they do is tell you what has already happened?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Lol obviously you have no clue how anything works.

Who else has reported this with details?

Crickets.

Hubbs calls things way before anyone else.

It didn't happen, and that's all that matters

Lol obviously you have no clue how anything works.

Who else has reported this with details?

Crickets.

Really? So I say that he's a reporter, therefore he reports what has already happened. You then deny that by stating
in response to Hubbs reporting a past event?

Matt Hinkin is reliable, he predicts future events with accuracy. I missed the report a few weeks back when Hubbs said that Stevens would be interviewed, or the one that informed his subscribers that the interview, which he broke would happen, was going well.

Don't take it personal, nothing against you, but Hubbs is nothing more than a reporter.
Edit: Assuming that its not all BS to begin with.

IF TRUE, of course, then I'm highly disappointed.

If we wait on Stephens and he says no then Martin would have not been there.

The probation thing you work around with a longer contract and the "timing" reason sounds like complete BS. I'm sure Hubbs heard this, just not sure it has any truth to it.

No offense to Martin, but there were numerous comparable options.

If Brad Stevens wanted to interview, you don't hire anyone until you have that interview.

Really? So I say that he's a reporter, therefore he reports what has already happened. You then deny that by stating

in response to Hubbs reporting a past event?

Matt Hinkin is reliable, he predicts future events with accuracy. I missed the report a few weeks back when Hubbs said that Stevens would be interviewed, or the one that informed his subscribers that the interview, which he broke would happen, was going well.

Don't take it personal, nothing against you, but Hubbs is nothing more than a reporter.
Edit: Assuming that its not all BS to begin with.

Hubbs knew about Arnett committing to UT in football for months. He is just a professional and instead of revealing it and losing any trust a recruit has in him, he will give hints.

Big reason I don't think 247 will ever overtake VQ, Hubbs is ten times better than anyone they have. Especially Rucker. (premium)

How do you know that? Were any other teams offering Martin a job ? I know Martin had just signed a 4- year ext. Who else was looking at him ? Like I have said from the beginning : the hire was made to quickly and we should have at least waited until after the NCAA. Another screw up by Hamilton.

I missed the report a few weeks back when Hubbs said that Stevens would be interviewed, or the one that informed his subscribers that the interview, which he broke would happen, was going well.

That didn't make any sense whatsoever.

More disappointed than if it had come out that we didn't even give him an interview? That's what I thought...

At least we gave it a shot.

Yes and no. Glad they called him, if true. However, if they missed on him just due to impatience, then it is disappointing. Happy with CCM, but still disappointing if true

Never would have happened. I think it's against Tennessee rules to hire a higher profile basketball coach than football coach.

If true, given our current football HC, basketball is screwed. IMO the Martin hire is MUCH better for our basketball program than the Dooley hire was for football.

VN Store

Back