chances of an NBA Lockout and early entries

If there is a lockout, then say they enter the draft and sign with a team, they wouldn't get paid until the lockout has resolved, correct? If they wouldn't get paid then why go? Who knows when they get this worked out and the NBA season will begin.

The two most popular professional sports are going to be in a work stoppage situation.

And people thought baseball was F'ed up back in '94.

A) Its a Fact the #1 league in the US is the NFL. #2 is MLB.
B) The world would be a better place without the NBA.

A= 680 the Fan in Atlanta (they said its a researched fact)???
B= personal preference

Harris is a top 20 pick so his contract would be worth the wait if there is a lock out. Hopson would be a second round pick IMO, and would be better off coming back for another season since hsi contract wouldn't be guaranteed.

The two most popular professional sports are going to be in a work stoppage situation.

Thats why I stopped watching baseball. Dont think it will have the same effect on football for me though. I just love pigskin too much to not watch it.

With everyone already saying they're staying in college, the payoff for getting a contract and waiting to get paid is better than waiting and getting picked lower because all the stars are waiting

B= personal preference

True!

However MLB is the largest and richest by FAR, hence the crazy salaries. The NBA is a distant third in size, popularity and money.

NBA isnt even close to MLB!

NFL is the most popular, MLB is the largest and by far richest sport. It is the second most popular sport right now.

NBA isnt even close to MLB!

NFL is the most popular, MLB is the largest and by far richest sport. It is the second most popular sport right now.

Nope soccer is the most popular professional sport right now and into the forseeable future.

B= personal preference

A Yankees fan choosing baseball over basketball... who would have thunk it?

Until MLB implements a salary cap, shortens the season and expands the playoffs... I'll prefer NFL, NBA, and NCAA football/basketball over MLB.

Following 162 games is a waste of time when 6 of the 8 playoff teams have a top 10 payroll. I'm sure that's the case 90% of the time.

You seem to enjoy looking up facts... let me know about the correlation of playoffs and payrolls.

If not for the rare occasions I watch sportscenter I wouldn't know the NBA was still operational.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

B= personal preference

Says you. The NBA is an internationally growing game. And despite what most of you guys believe, is much more entertaining than college ball. Lack of hustle this and that, Id take watching Kobe or LeBron over a team like Duke with nothing but "heart", 3 pt shooters, and flopping

What the crap is goin on NFL lockout, govt lockout, NBA talk of a lockout. Can u say we Americans are greedy as ?ell......

Nope soccer is the most popular professional sport right now and into the forseeable future.

Soccer is the most unwatchable thing for me of all time.
Here is my list of sports to watch in order:

NFL football
TN football
UT basketball (I hope it is watchable going forward)
MLB (my team, not all the others)
College basketball
Hockey
NBA (playoffs only)
Women's beach volleyball

Soccer is the most unwatchable thing for me of all time.
Here is my list of sports to watch in order:

NFL football
TN football
UT basketball (I hope it is watchable going forward)
MLB (my team, not all the others)
College basketball
Hockey
NBA (playoffs only)
Women's beach volleyball

Wanted to share mine too:

UT basketball
Tennessee Titans football
UT football
NBA (Chicago, Denver, Miami, LAkers)

Baseball, soccer, NASCAR, golf, tennis, PBA, and World Series of poker BLOW or are unbearable to watch on TV.

Says you. The NBA is an internationally growing game. And despite what most of you guys believe, is much more entertaining than college ball. Lack of hustle this and that, Id take watching Kobe or LeBron over a team like Duke with nothing but "heart", 3 pt shooters, and flopping

Yeah, love those long drawn out games, endless isolation plays and the dead crowds forcing piped music to play during the course of play. The NBA is fairly dull, even for a basketball guy like me.

Wanted to share mine too:

UT basketball
Tennessee Titans football
UT football
NBA (Chicago, Denver, Miami, LAkers)

Baseball, soccer, NASCAR, golf, tennis, PBA, and World Series of poker BLOW or are unbearable to watch on TV.

I'm with you on all the above except the Titans of course since I am a Colts fan from the Unitas days. I don't consider bowling, pool, and poker sports so I didn't include them. I do agree they are unwatchable. I almost forgot, do we put women's basketball in there too?

I'm with you on all the above except the Titans of course since I am a Colts fan from the Unitas days. I don't consider bowling, pool, and poker sports so I didn't include them. I do agree they are unwatchable. I almost forgot, do we put women's basketball in there too?

You must not be from the Maryland area. I was born in Baltimore and any true Colts fan would've disowned them like I did when their :machgun:scumbag owner Mayflowered the team in the middle of the night & ripped the heart out of Baltimore. It would be like Houston Oiler fans loving the Titans. It just isn't right and the punishment is having to watch a women's field hockey match.

Last edited:
You must not be from the Maryland area. I was born in Baltimore and any true Colts fan would've disowned them like I did when their :machgun:scumbag owner Mayflowered the team in the middle of the night & ripped the heart out of Baltimore. It would be like Houston Oiler fans loving the Titans. It just isn't right and the punishment is having to watch a women's field hockey match.

Sorry for your loss. I am not from Baltimore but as a kid I fell in love with the Colts. Even had black high top shoes and a crew cut like Johnny U. I guess I never thought until many years later that greed of the owner was the reason, not the lack of fan support. I tried to watch the Titans but something has been lacking in their watchability for me. When my favorite TN player got picked by my favorite team the marriage was complete. Maybe the Titans can win the division when Peyton retires. Hopefully he will win another couple of rings before then.

Talking North America here...

i agree with you they couldnt pay me enough to watch soccar ,i actually tried to watch the wotld cup one year i lasted about six or seven minuets

B= personal preference

Bowl Series Football and Divsion 1 College basketball are more popular than baseball, I think.

VN Store

Back