Most underachieving Vols of all time?

MikeHamiltonFan

I will begin the list:
1. Vincent Yarborough
2. Scotty Hopson (unless he stays and does something great next season)
3. Marcus Haislip.

These are the anti Danes. They are the opposite end of the spectrum from a Jujuan Smith. They are guys who God gave an enormous reservoir of talent, and they did not put in the hard work, show the character etc to get the maximum out of what they had.

Brian Williams despite having something in common with Willie Nelson and Bob Marley, cannot be on the list because he was a guy who lost 100 lbs just to come here and he was not blessed with A+ anything from a raw talent standpoint.

Who do you guys see as our most underachieving basketball players? Lot's of hype or not, I want to know who you think played under their ability during their time at UT.

I will also say that Swiper is not on my list, because I think his dad's name built the hype and his growth spurt set him WAY back where he could not play as a 6'8 guard but did not have a skill set to match his frame. I am hoping like JP Prince coming all the way back from mono, that he can still give us some good stuff before he is done.

Last edited:
Nukeese Richardson.

Who commits armed robbery, and only gets a cheese burger? Under achiever!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maymon. He's an All-SEC caliber athlete that was supposed to come in and make Tennessee a title contender. Didn't even see the floor much. Definitely Maymon.

I did not exclude football, but posted in the bball forum.

If I am giving a football list and I am including not only underachieving by playing under talent level but also just bad life choices throwing away immense talent:
1. Derric Evans
2. Demetrice Morley
3. Eric Parker...A guy can do that well in the NFL but do nothing at TN?

P.S. Call the issues personal if you like, Janzen Jackson will be on this list for certain if he is not back here in the fall.

Exactly how does a guy with no discernable basketball skill go about underachieving?

He's a perfect example of the distinction between underachieving and not living up to the hype.

He wasn't a basketball player. But, people took one look at him and, on stature alone, decided he was a "can't miss."

VN Store

Back