Cuonzo's philosophy on minute distribution

volwarrior33

He said he likes to go "6 3/4 deep". 5 guys 30-35 minutes a game, sixth guy 20-25 minutes a game, and a seventh guy able to go 5-10 if necessary.

He said he is willing to go 8 or 9 deep if need be, but doesn't like to and definitely no more than that.

How could that possibly work? We know nothing but 10-11 deep and shuffle players 3 minutes into the game so no one could actually get into the flow of the game.

Freudian slip?!? CCM is a big dude... I'd hate to think that he is overcompensating... Bahahahahaha!!!

Almost worked for KY this year.
Just have to hope the guy handling TV time outs isn't for the other deeper team.

He said he likes to go "6 3/4 deep". 5 guys 30-35 minutes a game, sixth guy 20-25 minutes a game, and a seventh guy able to go 5-10 if necessary.

He said he is willing to go 8 or 9 deep if need be, but doesn't like to and definitely no more than that.

:good!:

Considering our current roster, and saying Tobias and Hopson leave, who would the 6 3/4 be next year? Also, let's say that Ware and Jones recommit.

Last edited:
Considering our current roster, and saying Tobias and Harris leave, who would the 6 3/4 be next year? Also, let's say that Ware and Jones recommit.

Golden/Jones
McRae/Tatum/Ware
Tatum/McRae
Swipper/Maymon
Hall/Maymon

If you look at the best teams ever, that's the formula. Basketball is a chemistry sport and its improbable that 10 guys can mesh completely.

NBA is a different game, but look at the teams that were dominant and the number of players that saw significant minutes, ex. Jordan's Bulls, Bird's Celtics, Dumar's Pistons, Magic's Lakers.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Take a page out of m Villanova wildacts. The year we were a 1 seed our PF was 6'2

PG- Lowry
SG- Nardi
SF- Ray
PF- Foye
C- Frasier

A huge huge advantage to this defense is the ability to switch every single pick and roll. You must also front every big man with the opposite side defender helping over-top. Also it is very difficult to create dribble penetration. The key is all 5 players must rebound. Here is what I think you guys can do next year...

PG- Golden
SG- Jones
SF- Tatum
PF- McCrae
C- Hall

Play tough man to man. Trap a lot, and speed up the pace. It can be done.

So, let's say he goes 8 guys with solid minutes.

PG- Golden 30 minutes/ Jones Jr. 10 minutes
SG- Tatum 30 minutes/Ware 10 minutes
SF- McRae 30 minutes/ Ware 10 minutes
PF- Woolridge 25 minutes/ Maymon 15 minutes
C- Hall 30 minutes/Maymon 10 minutes

So, let's say he goes 8 guys with solid minutes.

PG- Golden 30 minutes/ Jones Jr. 10 minutes
SG- Tatum 30 minutes/Ware 10 minutes
SF- McRae 30 minutes/ Ware 10 minutes
PF- Woolridge 25 minutes/ Maymon 15 minutes
C- Hall 30 minutes/Maymon 10 minutes

Why is everyone sipping the Woolridge kool-aid as of late? From the indications I saw from this season, Maymon seems a lot better fitted to start at the 4 similar to how Tobias did this year.

Also, with as much talent as Chris Jones has, if he commits, I'd be inclined to put him as the starter over Golden. Jones is a playmaker at the PG spot, and that's what we need. BADLY.

How could that possibly work? We know nothing but 10-11 deep and shuffle players 3 minutes into the game so no one could actually get into the flow of the game.

Sheer chaos I say....won't lead to anything good. Pizzed off bench. What next...is he gonna tell us that he will emphasize defense???

VN Store

Back