Who had more talent Buzz or Bruce

rcrrcr

Let's compare this years team to one of Buzz's team and see who had the best talent for the one year.

#5 Crump > Williams

#4 Slay = Harris

#3 Higgins > Tatum

#2 ??????? < Hopson

# 1 Watson > Goins

I Think Buzz had better talent that year than Bruce did this year but Bruce is a better coach.

Let's compare this years team to one of Buzz's team and see who had the best talent for the one year.

#5 Crump > Williams

#4 Slay = Harris

#3 Higgins > Tatum

#2 ??????? < Hopson

# 1 Watson > Goins

I Think Buzz had better talent that year than Bruce did this year but Bruce is a better coach.

Really?

Slay vs Harris is closer than some people think IMO. If Harris stayed through his senior year I don't think it would be that close. Early in Buzz's tenure they had some pretty good talent, Yarbrough, Slay, and Haislip all on the same team. They should've been better. If Harris Walker and Terrence Woods didn't get run off that could've started things off a lot different too.

Slay vs Harris is closer than some people think IMO. If Harris stayed through his senior year I don't think it would be that close. Early in Buzz's tenure they had some pretty good talent, Yarbrough, Slay, and Haislip all on the same team. They should've been better. If Harris Walker and Terrence Woods didn't get run off that could've started things off a lot different too.

Haislip was the best of the group. I would like to have him back.

Problem? I have nothing bad to say about Slay. Good player, I know both of his half-brothers. Harris is still a better player.

Harris, at this point, is not better than Ron Slay was at UT. Ron never disappeared in the second half of games, he dominated.

Harris, at this point, is not better than Ron Slay was at UT. Ron never disappeared in the second half of games, he dominated.

Pearl hardly ever got Harris the ball in the 2nd half. It's not his fault if he isn't getting touches.

I got to meet Ron slay when I was in hs. He was with Vincent yarbrough and they were shooting in the gym at Cleveland. I snuck out of class because I heard they were down there and they had just beaten Uconn in the tournament a couple days earlier. When I got to the gym Vincent walked off the court so I ran out there and started rebounding for Ron while he jacked up 3s lol. He was a cool guy and was real nice and surprisingly quiet.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Harris was a better freshman, better ball-handler, and better off the dribble. He is a better prospect. No doubt about it.

Slay had a better inside-outside game, and carried an otherwise lackluster team the year he won POY. Love Slay, but you can't deny Harris' upside.

I know that. Harris is still a better player.

In time there is no doubt Harris will be the better player but if you think he is as of right now, you obviously never saw Slay carry the team for an entire game. Something Harris can't do. He has carried them for a half only to totally disappear the other half and in numerous games.

Slay was straight badass his senior year. He was significantly better then than Harris is now. Harris has more raw ability though.

Uh? What exactly does "better player" mean?

I see your point. Harris is the better prospect. Slay was definitely better as a senior than Harris was this year. Possibly even better as a junior (maybe sophomore; can't remember) until he had the injury.

Slay was a better player for UT by the end of his time here, but if you're talking "talent," Harris is your guy.

Slay, Haislip and Yarbrough were major underachievers and Slay looooooved to have 3-4 late night snacks...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I sometimes wonder if people remember how good Ron Slay actually was...

However, Harris definitely has better talent.

I do remember Scooter McFadgon being a pretty good player. Matter of fact, if my memory serves me correct, that 03-04 team should have been a lot better than they actually were. Stanley Asumnu, Scooter McFagdon, CJ Watson, Major Wingate, and Dane Bradshaw were all on that team. Can't remember what their record actually was, but I think they lost to George Mason in the first round of the NIT.

VN Store

Back