Only fond memory of Buzz Ball

I remember watching this live. First time I've seen a replay of it
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bosh, dejected.

This somehow vanished from my memory due to the Louisville debacle.

No offense but look at the crowd in the picture there's more cheerleaders than there are people. I hope now that Bruce is gone that we don't go back to that again. I realize that is not in Knoxville but when your teams suck and are boring no one goes to watch. With Football on the upswing and the new coaches style might bring this to fruition, we'll see.

No offense but look at the crowd in the picture there's more cheerleaders than there are people. I hope now that Bruce is gone that we don't go back to that again. I realize that is not in Knoxville but when your teams suck and are boring no one goes to watch. With Football on the upswing and the new coaches style might bring this to fruition, we'll see.

It wasn't a home game

Love those jerseys. Crazy seeing Elgrace out there. Amazing play.

I don't think this is the only fond memory but it is definately one of the few. Didn't we beat a top 10 Florida team at home in 2003?

:lolabove:

Not the sharpest pencil in the box, huh? :crazy:

Great video. I'm loving the uniforms.

I don't think this is the only fond memory but it is definately one of the few. Didn't we beat a top 10 Florida team at home in 2003?

Yes, had a nice win over UK in 02 as well. Blew a 17 pt lead at Rupp weeks later. I was there and mortified. Buzzball had some moments. That 01-01 team actually had some good efforts, and if Haislip didn't leave early and Higgins didn't get suspended in 03, that was a tourney team. Almost made tourney in 03 after Haislip left. Not a Buzz backer, but he had a moment or 2 that gave me hope. Was false hope however.

It's amazing how fast stuff like that becomes dated.

I was actually surprised that the uni's had changed so much in such a short period of time.

My fondest memory was beating Vandy at Memorial in I think Peterson's second year (aka the almost good one). At the time most everyone thought UT was going to get an NCAAT bid but they didn't. It was also Vandy's worst season in the SEC ever (3-13).

It's almost a crime that Buzz didn't take at least 2 if not 3 of his teams to the NCAAT. He certainly had enough talent to do so.

My fondest memory was beating Vandy at Memorial in I think Peterson's second year (aka the almost good one). At the time most everyone thought UT was going to get an NCAAT bid but they didn't. It was also Vandy's worst season in the SEC ever (3-13).

It's almost a crime that Buzz didn't take at least 2 if not 3 of his teams to the NCAAT. He certainly had enough talent to do so.

Yes, that 02 team had no excuse to miss the tourney. The 01-02 team should have been better, but they did play hard. Slay and Haislip were quite a team. Yarbrough was solid that year too. I always give Buzz some credit, maybe too much. He did spot Lofton, JuJuan when noone else did. He also had Tyler on board for the 05 season. Doubt he would have won 20 games with all those guys though

Only fond memory of Buzz is after his loser tail got fired he was on air with Moron Hyams blaming it on Haslam. What a bag!

Yes, that 02 team had no excuse to miss the tourney. The 01-02 team should have been better, but they did play hard. Slay and Haislip were quite a team. Yarbrough was solid that year too. I always give Buzz some credit, maybe too much. He did spot Lofton, JuJuan when noone else did. He also had Tyler on board for the 05 season. Doubt he would have won 20 games with all those guys though

If the 02 team had beaten Alabama at home then they probably would have made it; and there was no excuse for losing that game.

VN Store

Back