Top 5 Things Bruce Pearl’s Tenure at UT Demonstrated

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
1. UT could be a basketball school, not just a football school, a humdrum basketball program
(Actually outperformed football program every year)
2. UT could bring in top talent without fail
3. You could act a fool at women’s game and energize the program
4. UT could pack the arena consistently not just with premier opponents and make money
5. You don’t lie, play dumb, and take rules lightly when it comes to NCAA

Pretty accurate. Bruce got talent, just couldn't coach it up all that well

...5. You don’t lie, play dumb, and take rules lightly when it comes to NCAA

Lie? Don't you mean "mislead" or "give false testimony"

I agree with your word selection 100%. I just wish he would have said, "I take full responsibility for my actions." Instead, he chose phrases like "We" made mistakes..."We broke the rules..."

We...We...We...

Accountability

Pretty accurate. Bruce got talent, just couldn't coach it up all that well

He must have hid the talent well.

Only "talent" I'm positive he got in 6 years consisted of Wayne Chism, Scotty Hopson, and Tobias Harris. One of those will never play in the NBA, and another might not.

The evidence is there to support that. Either that or he was a poor evaluator.

The evidence that he "got talent" would be easy to find...just list the talent.

Calipari, with 4 freshmen being drafted in the first round last year (one of whom barely played), gets talent. Pearl has never had a freshman or any other classification drafted.

The argument that Pearl brought in bucketfuls of talent and then failed to coach them up is retarded.

The evidence that he "got talent" would be easy to find...just list the talent.

Calipari, with 4 freshmen being drafted in the first round last year (one of whom barely played), gets talent. Pearl has never had a freshman or any other classification drafted.

The argument that Pearl brought in bucketfuls of talent and then failed to coach them up is retarded.

You and I must define talent a little differently. Pearl has recruited talent, make no mistake, but it hasn't been elite talent like Cal brought in last year. If your definition of talent is whether or not they play in the NBA, then I would say your standards are higher than most anyone who has watched basketball at any level

And BTW, I realize Pearl didn't recruit him, but he helped CJ Watson make the NBA. Something that would not have happened had Buzz stayed around another year. CJ was miles better his senior year than he was as a junior as he benifited from the up tempo style Pearl implemented

Last edited:
You and I must define talent a little differently. Pearl has recruited talent, make no mistake, but it hasn't been elite talent like Cal brought in last year. If your definition of talent is whether or not they play in the NBA, then I would say your standards are higher than most anyone who has watched basketball at any level

And BTW, I realize Pearl didn't recruit him, but he helped CJ Watson make the NBA. Something that would not have happened had Buzz stayed around another year. CJ was miles better his senior year than he was as a junior as he benifited from the up tempo style Pearl implemented
CJ helped CJ get to the NBA through the D league!

C.J. Watson went un-drafted. C.J. Watson helped C.J. Watson make the NBA.

Was Pearl his coach in the developmental league?

EDIT: cd12 beat me to it.

He must have hid the talent well.

Only "talent" I'm positive he got in 6 years consisted of Wayne Chism, Scotty Hopson, and Tobias Harris. One of those will never play in the NBA, and another might not.

Tyler Smith and Ramar Smith were talented. Dumbasses, but talented.

My guess....Hammy is gone after infraction hearings. Pearl serves a 1 possibly 2 year coaching ban. After said time CCM is bought out and Pearl is back in the ORANGE BLAZER!! He is left to coach players that he did not recruit, no talent..OK lets bring back 40 minutes of hell! TBA is filled to the gills once again and The football team is playing in the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! Oh wait... I just woke up :)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back