Kevin Ware Release Granted by Coach Martin

its from Ware's twitter

He said TN is his #1 choice lol

I doubt they have met...he is Tatum version 2.0

not worried..we need some shooters

Just wants to see what is out there, can't blame him. He may come back to the fold in the end.

Well, that wasn't so hard. It appears they at least spoke over the phone, which is a compromise. Look forward to hearing more. You never know. As bad as we may suck, these guys aren't CCM's recruits. As good as they may or may not be, it's plausible that it's mutual.

Who is the Guard from Ga that Coach Martin contacted with a Scholly offer [on rivals site]? is he a pg or sg and is he 2011 or 2012?

It may be too late. Hat says that, between Saturday when Martin was hired and today, spots have been "filling up". I hope Ware can find a D-III school with an opening. Tragic.

That wasn't a factor. Could have been, but wasn't. That relationship will depend more on their former players on the team and how they do under CCM.

If his potential spot on another team got snapped up in the last few days, it would still be a factor. I just find that unlikely with Ware.

That sucks, but I think this is a good move. I hope he recommits, but if he doesn't, then best of luck to him.

CCM spoke to Ware via telephone last night. MH originally did not want to release any players currently committed. CCM went to Hamilton and told MH he wanted to release them, which MH finally agreed to do.

CCM sent Ware an email this afternoon telling him he hopes he returns to UT, but encouraged him to look around to make sure Tennessee is where he wanted to be, if that's the case.

Expectation is that he recommits to TN in a few weeks time.

If his potential spot on another team got snapped up in the last few days, it would still be a factor. I just find that unlikely with Ware.

That's one of the reasons I said it could have been a factor, but wasn't. Not releasing after the meeting would have been a big issue.

CCM spoke to Ware via telephone last night. MH originally did not want to release any players currently committed. CCM went to Hamilton and told MH he wanted to release them, which MH finally agreed to do.

CCM sent Ware an email this afternoon telling him he hopes he returns to UT, but encouraged him to look around to make sure Tennessee is where he wanted to be, if that's the case.

That's how you freaking take care of situations and obstacles. I dig it.

If true, this is a good decision by Martin IMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agree, Ware could be more of the same as far as shooting woes. I think releasing him says a lot about Martin and the program being confident enough to release someone who doesn't want to be there.

Love the way CCM is handling things thus far. This is great to read. Sounds like CCM could give Hammy a lesson or two. Haha

VN Store

Back