Shooting: Outstanding
Rebounding: Outstanding
Handle: Good
Class: 2011 (High School)

3star
#121 Overall Player
#37 SG

Josh Richardson - Yahoo! Sports

Richardson is Coach Martin's first official offer.

He visited Cuonzo at Missouri St. and according to some posters on their board, he was a silent commit to Missouri St.

This past year, he averaged 15.2 points while shooting 50.6 percent from the field. He also added 7.7 boards, 2.8 steals and 1.8 assists.

The spring signing period for boys basketball players doesn't open for a couple weeks, so Edmond Santa Fe senior Josh Richardson knows he doesn't have to be in a big hurry to make a decision.

However, watching the college coaching carousel spin has been frustrating, as coaches who have offered him scholarships continue to change or lose jobs.

But as one coach made a jump from mid-major to power conference, he didn't forget about Richardson.

Cuonzo Martin had offered Richardson a scholarship at Missouri State, and when he was hired at Tennessee this week, he called the Santa Fe senior to extend an offer at his new school.

That gives Richardson two offers that he knows with 100 percent certainty are still firm, Tennessee and TCU, where he visited last week.

“It's been kind of hectic,” said Richardson, a 6-foot-5 guard who averaged 16.5 points per game playing a variety of positions, including point guard. “I'm just chilling now. There's nothing I can do to help anything. I'm just waiting on calls to see what happens and where everybody ends up.”

The spring signing period runs from April 13 to May 18.

Joshua Richardson-(Edmonds Santa Fe H.S.- Santa Fe, OK) the 6-foot-5 inch 180 pound small forward is a tremendous athlete with quick feet. His ability to make shots from all 3 levels on the floor makes him a defensive nightmare. For a player his size, he has the talent to block shots in transition as well on the perimeter. Overall, he was one of the top players at the camp and is a high major prospect. Richardson is receiving interest from Baylor and Witchta St.

Strengths:
Richardson plays the game at a fierce pace and never takes a play off when on the floor. Josh's length allows to him wreak havoc on the defensive end of the floor by challenging shots, deflecting passes and getting tips on dribble penetration. Josh goes after rebounds and is quick off the floor with his jump to gather tough rebounds. Josh will grab long rebounds and push the ball himself in transition to make a play and score or set an open teammate up for a shot. Offensively, Josh can score the ball in a variety of ways with floaters or pull-up jump shots off a shot, or he can finish at the rim with an acrobatic lay-up or one-handed dunk.

Weaknesses:
He needs to improve his jump shot out to the stripe. He needs to work on his three point shot and must improve on cutting and moving without the basketball so he can become an even more effective scorer.

Bottom Line:
Josh has the potential to play all three perimeter positions at the next level due to his length and quickness. His passing was impressive as well as he projects to being one of those glue-types that all teams need to succeed. His upside is limitless; it will be fun to see how much he improves over the next year.

thanks for posting. with those strengths, i can see why coach offered him ... i hope he does work on his 3-point range ... i'd love a shooter who can drain the 3's as well

It seems very odd that they list his shooting as outstanding while also listing it as a weakness.

In the interview with kesling CCM said he had recruit back at M st. Friday & Saturday. Was it this kid? I was wondering when CCM said it if the kid would end up here if it was him..
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In the interview with kesling CCM said he had recruit back at M st. Friday & Saturday. Was it this kid? I was wondering when CCM said it if the kid would end up here if it was him..

I don't know who Martin was talking about, but he wasted no time in offering Richardson, that's for sure.

Not impressive. While he is fast and can certainly dunk in transition, he has a very slow developing shot that comes from his chest. He was also faked out of his shorts at the beginning of the Memorial video.

Wish we were recruiting either #1 or #23 from that team, though.

As it is, Cuonzo would be best served, IMO, by letting the mid-major talent that he was recruiting at Missouri St. stay in the mid-majors. He should be talking with Pearl and then going after the players that Pearl was recruiting.

It seems very odd that they list his shooting as outstanding while also listing it as a weakness.

Same thing I was thinking.

When you watch the video you can see why. While he makes some outside shots, he does so with a very unorthodox shot that is both low and slow and will be hard to get off at the next level.

Thanks LV.. Anyone think we need a big guy? We are in trouble unless Hall packs on the pounds and grows up quick.

Not much of a splash. You recruiting gurus, is he at least close to a 4*.

Bunch of butthurt missouri state fans

Last edited:

VN Store

Back