NCAA Tourney vs NIT

DocVol

Better to get blown out in round 1 of the NCAA.....OR......to win the NIT Tourney?

I'll hang up and listen.

I'd rather have the tournament appearance down in the record books than have the NIT Champ banner hanging in the gym.

I'd take the NIT win over the team quitting in the first round.

Playing hard and still getting beat bad, I'll accept that and take the NCAA appearance.

I would rather be a team that gets destroyed in the first round of the NCAA tournament, than to win the NIT.

This is like would you rather lose in the National Championship or win the Meineke Car Care Bowl? I'll take the NCAA tourney over the NIT Championship any day

Anybody who says a NIT championship is insane plain and simple.

This is like would you rather lose in the National Championship or win the Meineke Car Care Bowl? I'll take the NCAA tourney over the NIT Championship any day

Well...no it isn't. In your comparison that would mean that getting into the tournament = getting to the NC game in football which is 100% inaccurate.

Did I miss the season where 68 teams played for the National Championship in football?

Win the NIT tourney. Team perception is > than if you get blown out in NCAAT. or maybe im insane :crazy: :loco:

If your a recruit and have to choose between two schools. One has gone to the NCAAT the last 5 years and the other team has won the NIT 5 years in a row. Who you picking?

The winner of the NIT usually get the 25 spot in the final basketball poll, which is equivalent to winning the first NCAA game. So based on that I would say the NIT championship is better.

If your a recruit and have to choose between two schools. One has gone to the NCAAT the last 5 years and the other team has won the NIT 5 years in a row. Who you picking?

I would chose the 5 year champion over the 5 year team that gets blown out every time they enter the NCAAT. My thought process would be im going to a good team that clearly got shafted by the selection committee for 5 years straight vs im going to a school whose team sucks.

NCAA Tourney.

If you got to the NCAAT, it generally means your team was better over the long haul of a season rather than a flash in the pan tournament team. If your team is good enough to win the NIT, you should be getting in the NCAAT IMHO JMO TIFWIW

edit: Besides, who follows the NIT? March Madness is where you want to be if you want to get noticed.

However, if you look at the past few NIT champions, they end up with good recruiting classes the next few years because they are looked at as a team on the rise by recruits instead of a team that barely got in the tournament and then proceeded to prove to the world that they didn't belong there in the first place. JMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well...no it isn't. In your comparison that would mean that getting into the tournament = getting to the NC game in football which is 100% inaccurate.

I just meant that that is a common question that people ask every year come bowl season, and the question about the NCAA tourney or the NIT is a common question that people ask come March Madness.

However, if you look at the past few NIT champions, they end up with good recruiting classes the next few years because they are looked at as a team on the rise by recruits instead of a team that barely got in the tournament and then proceeded to prove to the world that they didn't belong there in the first place. JMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yeah, back to back NIT championships really catapulted South Carolina's program.

IMO It depends on the whether your roster is filled with underclassmen or not..Winning the NIT would mean your team is still playing and practicing as a group with the ability to implement game plans and improve while still participating in a one-and-done enviroment...JMO but having the exposure and extra court time seems more valuable than a splash in the NCAA's..

VN Store

Back