Some more Coach Zo quotes

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Cuonzo on following Pearl: "I mean, somebody has to follow him. (I’m) not afraid of competition, not afraid of being successful."

"Whatever happens with the NCAA, I’m here to coach a ball team and be successful doing it."

"As far as how the pressure goes, I don’t consume myself with it, and I don’t get discouraged by it. I’m here to do a job.”

Cuonzo on meetings w/ players: "I thought it was great. All those guys were in the office today & we talked & we didn’t really talk b-ball."

From different GVX writers.

Love this quote!

"I mean, somebody has to follow him. (I’m) not afraid of competition, not afraid of being successful."

Cuonzo on following Pearl: "I mean, somebody has to follow him. (I’m) not afraid of competition, not afraid of being successful."

"Whatever happens with the NCAA, I’m here to coach a ball team and be successful doing it."

"As far as how the pressure goes, I don’t consume myself with it, and I don’t get discouraged by it. I’m here to do a job.”

Cuonzo on meetings w/ players: "I thought it was great. All those guys were in the office today & we talked & we didn’t really talk b-ball."
From different GVX writers.

I'm getting the feeling that over time, more and more information is going to come out about players not enjoying their time playing for Pearl. I don't think the issue was about his energy or charisma or heart, but his general attitude towards players.

If he is a players coach then these kids will play their butts off for him.I think Pearl was for a couple of years and I think honeymoon ended about 2 years ago.

And one more, on leaving his players: "If that's not tough, you didn't do a very good job."

If he is a players coach then these kids will play their butts off for him.I think Pearl was for a couple of years and I think honeymoon ended about 2 years ago.

Pearl's ego became like Fulmer's ego.....he truly thought he was bigger than the program and the university.

I'm getting the feeling that over time, more and more information is going to come out about players not enjoying their time playing for Pearl. I don't think the issue was about his energy or charisma or heart, but his general attitude towards players.

Come on dude, are you serious? The players love Pearl that's why they came to UT!!!! This year was probably the exception and tough on everyone from the coaches, players, fans, etc.. but it's certainly not right to kick a man while he's down and this is pretty blatant.

I think ALL the players will love CCM over time, but come on, seriously, the only ones speaking up about it so far are the ones that didn't get playing time under Pearl. Jordan, Renaldo, etc. Duh, do I really need to paint the picture?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I really like the way he carries himself, seems calm and level-headed off the court. It's kinda refreshing after this year.

I think ALL the players will love CCM over time, but come on, seriously, the only ones speaking up about it so far are the ones that didn't get playing time under Pearl. Jordan, Renaldo, etc. Duh, do I really need to paint the picture?

Ehhh, why do you have to ruin their ill-conceived misconceptions?

anybody ever seen Coach Carter? I love the movie and Coach Zo seems to be just like him

anybody ever seen Coach Carter? I love the movie and Coach Zo seems to be just like him

That's right, cause every black man that coaches basketball is just like Coach Carter.

Racist.

Besides, anyone with half a brain can clearly see that our new basketball coach is Jedi Master Mace Windu.

And the 1 speaking out for Pearl is the 1 that played more then he should have- that being Little Pearl lol
I like Pearl and I like Martin now... I just had to say ha

That's right, cause every black man that coaches basketball is just like Coach Carter.

Racist.

Besides, anyone with half a brain can clearly see that our new basketball coach is Jedi Master Mace Windu.

This :loco:

VN Store

Back