CCM has talked to Chris Jones

Orange Blazer

You serious Clark?
CJ said they only spoke for a couple of minutes, but he will meet face to face with CCM after the Final Four. He will decide after on whether or not to proceed with his release.

-VQ

I think we keep them both. Jones said Ware's decision would, "Definitely impact his decision on what to do and where to go." in an interview with Yimmy Hyams last week. Then with Ware's VFL tweet and the hiring of a guy I think both kids will relate to well will secure their respective commitments within the next week or so.

Go Vols!!!

Hoping for the best. Zo seems like a great guy. I just hate how much college basketball differs from college football when it comes to playing for a school versus a coach.

Hoping for the best. Zo seems like a great guy. I just hate how much college basketball differs from college football when it comes to playing for a school versus a coach.

Differs? I think it's the same. Look at how many of Kiffy the Clown's players are around since that jackass left Knoxville. He was recruiting the players to play for HIM, and NOT the school, on the premise that he would get them to the NFL. That's what I think would have been the same here had we hired a big name coach like Lawrence Frank or somehow managed to lure Larry Brown out of retirement (I'm really glad that didn't work out).

I'm cautiously optimisitic about this hire, but think things will get better once given more time and all the knee-jerk reaction nimrods go away (TruthGeneral).

Differs? I think it's the same. Look at how many of Kiffy the Clown's players are around since that jackass left Knoxville. He was recruiting the players to play for HIM, and NOT the school, on the premise that he would get them to the NFL. That's what I think would have been the same here had we hired a big name coach like Lawrence Frank or somehow managed to lure Larry Brown out of retirement (I'm really glad that didn't work out).

I'm cautiously optimisitic about this hire, but think things will get better once given more time and all the knee-jerk reaction nimrods go away (TruthGeneral).

No way its to the same extent. Look at any college basketball program. Calipari walks into UK, the top recruits in the nation flock to him. Tubby Smith didn't have anywhere near the talent Calipari is bringing in, and the school still has the best program regardless of the coach. There are many examples just like this. Do you honestly think top players would go to Duke without Coach K?

I agree to an extent, but this problem is far worse in basketball than football. There are a lot more factors that come into play when choosing a school for fooball.

The top football schools will be relevant regardless of the coach, unless he is a complete failure. The coach, IMO, is MUCH more important to a relevant basketball program than for football. Just my honest opinion.

I am hoping we keep Jones. Dont know if people understand that he will start over Golden this season.

CJ said they only spoke for a couple of minutes, but he will meet face to face with CCM after the Final Four. He will decide after on whether or not to proceed with his release.

-VQ

Why after the final four, the only reason I can figure is he should have a staff in place for them to make a judgement on the program's direction.

I agree. He made the comment about after the final four in the presser today. If Jones wants out, let him. He is still tons better than Trae Golden IMO.

I am just looking for information about them. Are they wanting to transfer now? Are they going to stay? or any other news of interest?

Coach has spoken with them over the phone. He will have face to face meetings with them after the Final Four. We probably won't have an answer until this happens.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Ware stays because nobody else high enough will take him and it depends on who's knocking down Jones' door. Not sure why he wants to go play for Pitino and set out a majority of his freshman season when he can come in and smoke Golden for the starting spot.

Are we sure we want Jones in light of his recent high school issues? Is he another malcontent to deal with?

Are we sure we want Jones in light of his recent high school issues? Is he another malcontent to deal with?

The high school issue isn't that big of a deal in the big scheme of things.

And we definitely want this kid on our basketball team. He is really, really good. He gets a lot of publicity here in Memphis.

I think Ware stays because nobody else high enough will take him and it depends on who's knocking down Jones' door. Not sure why he wants to go play for Pitino and set out a majority of his freshman season when he can come in and smoke Golden for the starting spot.

You are so wrong...
Matt Dixon from the Beacon tweeted this:
RT @_snapbackboy35: Why have I yet to talk to mike hamilton? Smh

AJC has a piece on him still wanting his release.

680 The Fan here in Atlanta talking about Tech and Gregory going after Ware big time.

This diva is gone...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think much of that has to do with the dynamic of the sport itself. BB has @ 15 players and FB @ 100, including walk-ons etc. Personal touch from the HC is much much higher in BB than in FB.

I can see why a player would make it more @ the HC in BB, and the team in FB.

I sure hope CM can work some magic and keep these two recruits.... That would be huge for our program and himself as his first big move as our head coach.

CCM was not on anyone's top ten list BUT if Purdue was ready to offer him a job, then
it may end up being pretty good.

VN Store

Back