Draft grade for Harris

kohlrums

Just curious, but does anyone see Harris getting a top 20 grade from the NBA? He is a great player, and really improved towards the end of the year, but I just don't see him going in the top 20.

I wonder what pick his cut-off is in deciding to come back, or chance being picked in the 2nd round, or not at all.

As posted on VN: His father states if he's projected outside the top 15, he's likely to return to school.

Just curious, but does anyone see Harris getting a top 20 grade from the NBA? He is a great player, and really improved towards the end of the year, but I just don't see him going in the top 20.

I wonder what pick his cut-off is in deciding to come back, or chance being picked in the 2nd round, or not at all.

'Juicy' Harris said in a recent radio interview that if Tobias wasn't a lottery pick then he would return to UT. I personally don't necessarily buy that. FWIW

I don't see Tobias being a top 15 pick. I can name at least 10 guys off the top of my head that would go before him.

If that's the case, then he might return to UT. But, we need to get the facts straight. It all depends on what grade Tobias is looking for.

'Juicy' Harris said in a recent radio interview that if Tobias wasn't a lottery pick then he would return to UT. I personally don't necessarily buy that. FWIW

I think he believes that right now, but if hes projected in the first round, I believe Toby's gone.

I think it is unfair to call him Juicy Harris. I know you are doing that based upon Hatvol saying it, but unless you know Juicy and the kind of person he is, it isn't a fair comparison.

As posted on VN: His father states if he's projected outside the top 15, he's likely to return to school.

Then I'd say he's likely returning to school. I could see him going in the late first round. I mean, he's not the best at his position, nor has shown game takeover & leadership qualities + you factor in guys at other positions...

Anyone see draft predictions, or do they come out later?

Harris is one of those guys who isn't a flat out great athlete but is a GREAT basketball player. Guys like him don't get drafted in the lottery unless they are one of two things.....a 7 footer, or a dead-eye 3 point shooter. Harris will be a really good NBA starter for several years some day but I think he needs to come back next year and play in a motion offense that shoots a ton of 3's. He should work all off-season on his deep accuracy and come back next season. If he shoots in the mid-40's percentage wise and shoots a lot of them next season to go along with his ball handling and interior moves then he might just earn himself a lottery spot in the '12 draft.

I think it is unfair to call him Juicy Harris. I know you are doing that based upon Hatvol saying it, but unless you know Juicy and the kind of person he is, it isn't a fair comparison.

I never knew the Locke's and therefore have nothing against Eric or Juicy. What I was referring to is the comparison of two fathers who are heavily involved with their respective son's athletic careers while at UT.

Hopson will go no earlier then mid-2nd round...if at all. Harris is a late 1st rounder. He has good size, very athletic with great handles for a PF, has great range at his position and possesses a very soft and accurate shot around the rim. The best part about about Harris is that he hasn't even reached his full potential. We can only hope that CCM can impress both of them...and Harris' father.

I never knew the Locke's and therefore have nothing against Eric or Juicy. What I was referring to is the comparison of two fathers who are heavily involved with their respective son's athletic careers while at UT.

Not a good comparison. Richard Locke had his hand out more than anything, while at the same time lobbying for more PT for his son. Tobias' father is the polar opposite. While he is genuinely concerned for his son and the direction of the program, he isn't overbearing in his dialogue with the coaches. Tobias' father might ask questions, but doesn't question the motives of the coaches, something Richard Locke did to Phillip and staff at every opportunity

Hopson will go no earlier then mid-2nd round...if at all. Harris is a late 1st rounder. He has good size, very athletic with great handles for a PF, has great range at his position and possesses a very soft and accurate shot around the rim. The best part about about Harris is that he hasn't even reached his full potential. We can only hope that CCM can impress both of them...and Harris' father.

Very athletic is a stretch at best. First rounders have guaranteed contracts, so, I see no reason for him to stay. Unless he gets dominated in draft workouts, he will be a late first rounder.

I hope every good forward goes into the draft. Morris twins, D. Williams, J. Johnson, Terrence Jones, all of them.

He's a great player. He needs to get stronger, quicker and more explosive. He didn't have a great year on D. People say they don't play D in the pros, well you would see no D with Harris on a 4 or 3. He also needs a midrange game and a couple more finishing moves besides the running one hander off the square. He has the ability to add a left or right jump hook. He has the hands, vision, awareness and feet to be a lottery pick, but he'll get pushed out of the first round this year.

VN Store

Back