Talked To A Guy At Missouri State

JZVOL

Who is a graduate manager with Missouri State and said Coach Martin is one of the nicest and most genuine people he's ever met.

Everyone was devastated to see coach Martin leave as they all loved him.

The guy I talked to was at the meeting where he told the players he was leaving and said it was one of the most emotional things he's ever been involved with.

I'm with a lot of people and am glad he's a great guy, but at the same time I'm also a fan and would like him to win. Your point does not go unnoticed but I think ultimately he will be judged, not on how great of a guy he is, but on how he, and more importantly his kids, perform on the court.

Thanks for sharing your story though.

It is going to be funny seeing how Martin grows on fans and to see the reaction to Zo as we grow our hoops program.

Hey JZ, I know he's a grad, but you think he can give you some insight what kind of coach he is, what style they'll run, what recruits Coach Zo will go after, etc.?

Nice to have class and dignity back on the Hill.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A lot of the negavols will be eating crow when Coach Martin proves he is a good coach and recruiter.

Hey JZ, I know he's a grad, but you think he can give you some insight what kind of coach he is, what style they'll run, what recruits Coach Zo will go after, etc.?

Don't know him that well and this was the first time I've talked to him but we are both trying to help each other out with a few things so when I talk to him again I'll be sure to ask.

Don't know him that well and this was the first time I've talked to him but we are both trying to help each other out with a few things so when I talk to him again I'll be sure to ask.

Thanks. :hi:

Nice to have class and dignity back on the Hill.

Summit, Dooley, Martin. That's the best Trio we've had in quite some time. Let's hope integrity will also benefit the wins column.

I was on the Lawrence Frank wagon, but after doing personal research, I feel better about the hire. CCM is my/our new coach now as Volunteers. Give him a chance.

VB

If i remember correctly no one wanted CBP when he was hired and that worked out great until the infractions. I'm willing to give it a try and see what happens. We don't really have a choice now.

Summit, Dooley, Martin. That's the best Trio we've had in quite some time. Let's hope integrity will also benefit the wins column.

I was on the Lawrence Frank wagon, but after doing personal research, I feel better about the hire. CCM is my/our new coach now as Volunteers. Give him a chance.

VB

This + 1.

So UT now employs coaches with unquestioned integrity in their 3 income producing sports. This may be a pattern of upgrading our philosophy to "winning with class" instead of "winning at all costs." Message to fan base acknowledged. Count me in.

From what I've read, Martin runs a disciplined motion offense that is basically the same as what Painter does at Purdue. It will be quite a shock to our players to go from what they're accustomed to doing to that.

Thanks to the OP for sharing some inside info. I too like this guy more the more I read and hear about him. The jury will be out for a while on wins and losses, kind of like CDD, but for now I'm in.

VFL Baby !

If i remember correctly no one wanted CBP when he was hired and that worked out great until the infractions. I'm willing to give it a try and see what happens. We don't really have a choice now.

thank you, that's what i was thinking. no one i mean no one wanting pearl.

It will absolutely be a shock to the current players, but a good shock that is needed. Our half-court offense was not fluid and consisted of numerous terrible shots. Unless you had some ability to create your own shot, you almost never were able to get a good shot in our offense.

From what I've read, Martin runs a disciplined motion offense that is basically the same as what Painter does at Purdue. It will be quite a shock to our players to go from what they're accustomed to doing to that.

Wait, you are saying that five players, will move, all at once? Is there such a thing?

No more 5 second shot clock chaos.....ah, man, I was starting to enjoy those point guard staring contests with the coach.

From what I've read, Martin runs a disciplined motion offense that is basically the same as what Painter does at Purdue. It will be quite a shock to our players to go from standing around to doing to that.

fyp

Somtimes you are so full of it. It won't be that big of a change for them. These players are probably much more receptive to change than most of the posters in this forum.

Yea, lazily passing the ball around above the top of the key waiting for cutters on the baseline until the shot clock runs out and then heaving up a contested 3 or watching Scotty dribble it off his knee.

That's what it looked like alot of the time this year.

Motion off. Vs standing around off. The Motion off. Will confuse the hell out of these players.They will be running into each other.That will be a show in itself.

VN Store

Back