Supporters of Coach Martin** Post here

swiperboyfan

First off i want to say that i am embarrassed by the reaction of some of the Tennessee fans to this hire. I am not sure if they were expecting Phil Jackson or what? Let me start by going over the state of our basketball program, we have sanctions looming and the AD will more than likely be fired soon. With that being said, I feel fortunate that we got a coach like Cuonzo Martin to come here. This guy is a young up and comer that was going to take over the Purdue job if their coach leaves for Missouri. He gets praise from everyone that he has ever worked with and is highly regarded. His story should be able to relate to alot of the kids that we are trying to recruit and he can mentor these kids in a way much like what coach Dooley is doing with the football program. This guy basically went from homeless growing up to playing in the NBA, oh yeah then beat Lymphoma (cancer) at the age of 26. I believe that he will instill the integrity and dicipline that this team needs going forward, especially considering how soft we played this year. I am a fan of the University, so I am going to get behind our new coach and support the hell out of him until I have a reason not to. Go Big Orange!

I support CCM.

btw, GVX poll says 25% like the hire, 38% don't, the rest withhold judgment

Rocky Top Talk poll says 71% feel good about it, 29% feel bad.

I think this means most of the negativity is coming from the dregs.

He is our coach and if you are a true UT fan, you will support the team and the coach that goes with it. I would have been happier with more of a "name" coach, but will support this hire fully.

I am glad that some other people feel the same way as me. As I was listening to 104.5 this morning it just makes me mad when people are dogging on a guy before his press confrence. If I remember correctly also, we were loving the big name splash of the Lane Kiffin hire with his dad and Orgeron. He bolted on the first train to USC and left our program in disarray. People reacted to Dooley like the are CCM and now everyone realizes that we have the right fit for the football program in Dooley and no one is complaining. I have a feeling the same thing will happen with CCM.

I fought for Pearl to the end but it is time to move on and support our new coach. He seems like a hard-nosed guy. Which is probably what this team needs more than anything.

I support Coach Martin. I think he will be what these players need and what the University Of Tennessee needs in a mens basketball coach.

I believe he has the pedigree to be successful. He took a risky chance taking the Missouri St. job....like Dooley to La. Tech. But his mentor is a legend (like Dooley's father and Saban)....he played big time basketball in college...was in the NBA so he has seen the true work ethic needed in practices to be ballers. If he was still on Purdue's staff we probably wouldn't be having this bad of a reaction from the haters. He just needs to get some talent here. He will and it will be all good....gotta believe!

Plus it is a breath of fresh air after all the bad media for so long IMO. BTW, isn't it kind of odd how both the football and men's b-ball coaches come from similar paths to us? Very interesting.

Last edited:
I'm in....The more that I read and found about the man the more and more I like him. I think the press conference will be the big decider for alot of people. Coach Dooley won over a ton of skeptical people after his presser.

First off i want to say that i am embarrassed by the reaction of some of the Tennessee fans to this hire.

+1

People saying Hamilton has "lost it" or is an "idiot" are beyond ignorant.

2 years ago none of those people had ever heard of Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart either. Sigh.

VN Store

Back