One thing that keeps being mentioned with Martin....

Does anyone know anything to the rumors that he may be bringing a couple quality players with him to UT? Wouldn't make sense it it were for the '11 class.

We will see how he does with Jarnell Stokes.

One thing I believe from reading about the man, if you want to be coddled, don't try to play for him. If you want to really learn to play the game of basketball, I believe he will fight to the death to teach it to you. That won't lure many 5* but it sure will get you some good, tough players.

Does anyone know anything to the rumors that he may be bringing a couple quality players with him to UT? Wouldn't make sense it it were for the '11 class.

We will see how he does with Jarnell Stokes.

And, Alex Poythress, Shack Goodwin, and Tony Parker. Problem is we may have 2 - 4 less scholarships over the next 2 years.

Pretty telling that when he took over Missouri State he had 5 scholarships.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pretty telling that when he took over Missouri State he had 5 scholarships.

Agreed, and none of those 5 were that good if I remember correctly. Pretty much he took on an Indiana-eque rebuilding job and in 1 year turned it around and in 2 won his league. Pretty impressive.

Agreed, and none of those 5 were that good if I remember correctly. Pretty much he took on an Indiana-eque rebuilding job and in 1 year turned it around and in 2 won his league. Pretty impressive.

Having a winning record with what he inherited shows there is great potential there. Can it translate to a bigger stage? I certainly hope so. Usually does.

Having a winning record with what he inherited shows there is great potential there. Can it translate to a bigger stage? I certainly hope so. Usually does.

Whole lot easier to recruit to TN than it is to Missouri St., and he has been elite from what I'm hearing on the recruiting trail everywhere he's been. Also, I will guarantee you that Memphis kids will be able to connect with an African American from East St. Louis. He has a lot of recruiting connections, and he should be able to steal some from Memphis.

One thing I believe from reading about the man, if you want to be coddled, don't try to play for him. If you want to really learn to play the game of basketball, I believe he will fight to the death to teach it to you. That won't lure many 5* but it sure will get you some good, tough players.

Maybe this is what our team needs. :good!:

One thing no one can question is the character of our football and basketball coaches. Now let's hope it translates!

95% of you have never even heard the man speak, yet we now have "tremendous class" and "excellent recruiting" in Knoxville again.

I'm not bashing the guy, just waiting to see what he brings, but some of you are jumping the gun just a bit. Same thing for the ones killing the guy before he steps on campus.

Can we just relax on the "we're gonna win 85 national championships with CLASS" speech until we at least hear his press conference?

Yet, how many of the people on here Googled that before last night??

Easy Eric...questioning anything our athletic administration does is blashphemous (even though those same people want Hamilton fired...not sure how that works).

OK, you've watched a youtube video on the guy, and we now are on the fast track to beat UK twice a year and win multiple SEC Championships with CLASS.

Easy on jumping the gun people...hit the brakes just a bit. Think we're all doing everything we can to convince ourselves we made a good hire rather than taking some time and making a fair assessment.

We still have questions to answer regarding Dooley, and we're annointing Cuonzo Martin the second coming of Coach K? Let's just slow down people, it's not a bad thing to take time before you open your mouth positively or negatively, it's often better.

The reason I'm saying this is because people are all over this board slamming Gators fans and UK fans about the home run hire we just made, when in all reality Billy Gillispie would have been a stronger hire. You bash the negative ones, but to the sane individuals you look just as ignorant.

well it was only a couple weeks ago so I doubt many did. Still doesn't make the above post correct

I didn't really know who the guy was before last night. He wasn't mentioned in any coaching search articles on most sites, or at least the one's I have read. I would be willing to bet that 100% of the people on here weren't discussing his name as a legitimate candidate, and I'm not talking about just starting a thread about him. I'm talking about actual discussion that he could be our next coach. I never saw it, did you??

VN Store

Back