Thoughts on Martin from a Purdue family

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
My family are all Purdue grads and season ticket holders in football and hoops. I've been around Purdue sports my whole life which makes it amazing I became a UT fan (thanks to Peyton) so I've always followed Purdue hoops. The Boilermaker Nation is a nervous wreck right now with the Painter to Mizzou rumors. Painter is one of the Elite young coaches and a former Boiler so he's in the Gene Keady level of popularity in Boiler Land. I asked my dad what he thought about Martin becoming our coach and he said if Painter was to leave there is only two guys Purdue fans wanted to replace him; Cuonzo Martin or Coach Keady to return. Keep in mind solid coaches like Kevin Stallings, Steve Lavin and Bruce Weber are all from the Keady/Purdue family coaching tree.

Coach Martin if given a chance by UT fans WILL bring a constant winner to UT mens hoops and one fans can be proud of to support. The program will be clean and players will give 110% or be gone. Next season could be rough depending on what happens with Hopson & Harris but the future is bright and we won't have to worry about NCAA violations under Martin. Plus the guy is a hell of a recruiter and now that he has top notch SEC facilities to sell he can be a force in the SEC.

My family are all Purdue grads and season ticket holders in football and hoops. I've been around Purdue sports my whole life which makes it amazing I became a UT fan (thanks to Peyton) so I've always followed Purdue hoops. The Boilermaker Nation is a nervous wreck right now with the Painter to Mizzou rumors. Painter is one of the Elite young coaches and a former Boiler so he's in the Gene Keady level of popularity in Boiler Land. I asked my dad what he thought about Martin becoming our coach and he said if Painter was to leave there is only two guys Purdue fans wanted to replace him; Cuonzo Martin or Coach Keady to return. Keep in mind solid coaches like Kevin Stallings, Steve Lavin and Bruce Weber are all from the Keady/Purdue family coaching tree.

Coach Martin if given a chance by UT fans WILL bring a constant winner to UT mens hoops and one fans can be proud of to support. The program will be clean and players will give 110% or be gone. Next season could be rough depending on what happens with Hopson & Harris but the future is bright and we won't have to worry about NCAA violations under Martin. Plus the guy is a hell of a recruiter and now that he has top notch SEC facilities to sell he can be a force in the SEC.

Nice summary. I think I'm going to like the toughness, if that is indeed what we see from his style. Thanks!

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

Kinda like the Dooley situation when he was hired, Lets give CCM a chance and hope we found a gem! :good!::good!:

My first reaction was "Who"? Then I did some research on this guy. I think he will fit right in with Dooley and Summitt. Looking at his body of work, a few years from now we may be hoping he doesn't get lured away. I really don't know what some fans on this board were expecting. I believe Hamilton may have lucked out.

My first reaction was "Who"? Then I did some research on this guy. I think he will fit right in with Dooley and Summitt. Looking at his body of work, a few years from now we may be hoping he doesn't get lured away. I really don't know what some fans on this board were expecting. I believe Hamilton may have lucked out.

This
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The more I learn about Martin, the more I like him. I think he has the potential to be a great coach at Tennessee.

I think he may have too and might have grabbed him first before others did. I have yet to find anything that makes me seriously question the hire. Plenty of crap from UT "media" but the people very familiar with him (midwest writers) are saying we found a gem. Hope they're right

Coach Martin has to be very confident in his abilities to take on the clean-up of Pearl's mess. Think about!

I know precious little about basketball, but the more I read about this guy and the more I listen to him talk, the better I feel about him as a man and as a coach.

GBO !

VN Store

Back