Bandwagon Fans signal program demise and return of Christ all in one day

Volstylexx

wow. members are normally trashing each other here for being "bandwagon" fans. Pearl supports were trashed for being "Bandwagon" fans when they supported him... Fulmer supports were trashed for being "Bandwagon" fans when they supported him.

What is the difference with Martin? seems like a lot of people jumping on the Martin bandwagon mighty early. I've seen at least 15 avatar pictures and Martin references in profiles in the last 2 hrs. Is it because the Pearl haters here have endorsed the hire as "a good hire"?

I think I'll wait and see. 4 hrs ago it was the end of the program as we know it.. and now, according to the same posters, Martin is the second coming of the Jewish Christ. I don't know whether to turn in my vol card and wait for the dismantling of the program.. or go grab the rosary and holy water and wait for ascension into heaven.

So before the board starts trashing others, just remember the use of the term "Bandwagon fans" goes both ways.

wow. members are normally trashing each other here for being "bandwagon" fans. Pearl supports were trashed for being "Bandwagon" fans when they supported him... Fulmer supports were trashed for being "Bandwagon" fans when they supported him.

What is the difference with Martin? seems like a lot of people jumping on the Martin bandwagon mighty early. I've seen at least 15 avatar pictures and Martin references in profiles in the last 2 hrs. Is it because the Pearl haters here have endorsed the hire as "a good hire"?

I think I'll wait and see. 4 hrs ago it was the end of the program as we know it.. and now, according to the same posters, Martin is the second coming of the Jewish Christ. I don't know whether to turn in my vol card and wait for the dismantling of the program.. or go grab the rosary and holy water and wait for ascension into heaven.

So before the board starts trashing others, just remember the use of the term "Bandwagon fans" goes both ways.

Uh, bandwagon is when you only followed UT basketball because they were winning. They followed a coach, not a program.

You do not understand the definition of being a bandwagon fan. Every post of yours I read I feel my IQ dropping.

So, because someone like me, decided "Let me do some research before I decide", read up on him, look at his resume, and go "Dear Lord, this guy looks like a home run" it makes you bandwaggon?

Uh, bandwagon is when you only followed UT basketball because they were winning. They followed a coach, not a program.

the term easily applies to a person, hence the phrase "hopping on the bandwagon".. supporting something or someone in whom you have no knowledge of previous.. just because others are supporting it.

Last edited:
the term easily applies to a person.. and there are a lot of people joining the Martin bandwagon.

It's mostly people that aren't going to stop following UT basketball because Pearl is gone. Those people that are leaving the fan base, are bandwagoners.

I'm more impressed with all the Pearl hate now that he is gone. pretty funny how quick people forget.

As for Zo, wait and see approach, just like Dooley.

I have no doubt that UT could have hired a better candidate, maybe even a much better candidate but it is what it is and he gets my full support.

He certainly has his work cut out for him.

So, because someone like me, decided "Let me do some research before I decide", read up on him, look at his resume, and go "Dear Lord, this guy looks like a home run" it makes you bandwaggon?

I didn't say that.. I'm just saying a lot of board members here like to criticize others for supporting a coach. I just find it funny how the mood has changed after a few hrs.

Nothing has changed. We still don't know jack about how Martin will do at UT. and we won't until he gets a chance to prove it on and off the court.

Lot of people jumping on this boat, which is fine... just might want to make sure you have your lifevest on though.

How does it look like a home run in any sort of way?

It's mostly people that aren't going to stop following UT basketball because Pearl is gone. Those people that are leaving the fan base, are bandwagoners.

you think a vast majority of fans would really quit watching, supporting just because Pearl is gone?

the term easily applies to a person.. and there are a lot of people joining the Martin bandwagon.

I've yet to see anyone say "Cuonzo Martin is UT basketball." That's a bandwagon fan. Fans trying to fire themselves up about the hire are not being bandwagon fans.

How does it look like a home run in any sort of way?

Most people won't. I do. I love what the guy brings, believe he will recruit well here, and think his discipline will really do a lot of good here.

Last edited:
I would wager that most "fans" of Tennessee basketball are only interested in it because of the success under Bruce Pearl. I'll admit that I didn't give two craps about UT basketball until that win vs. Texas in 2005.

The Pearl lovers may very well go back to doing what they did before Pearl, not watching nor having a clue about UT basketball. Their departure won't be missed.

I'll still watch like I did during the Buzz years. Those years were epic.

I wouldn't necessarily say that people are "jumping on the bandwagon" and saying they are in love with the hire, but the fact remains that this is who Tennessee has hired and instead of responding negatively, some people have chosen to look at the positive and try to get excited about a new member of the Vol family

Most people won't. I do. I love what the guy brings, believe he will recruit well here, and think his discipline will really do a lot of good here.

Why do you think that he will recruit well here?

Or are you just sharing someone else's opinion that you seen on here, cause you can't look at his previous recruiting classes at Missouri State and come to that conclussion.

Why do you think that he will recruit well here?

I think most people are getting this idea from Purdue fans. They're saying that a crapton of Purdue's recruits the last decade were due to Martin, and recruiting fell off when he left to become a head coach.

That's about all we have to go on. I'd say "we'll find out soon enough," but we won't. With only signing a couple of guys per year, it takes a while before you can definitely say whether a guy sucks at recruiting in basketball or not.

Or are you just sharing someone else's opinion that you seen on here, cause you can't look at his previous recruiting classes at Missouri State and come to that conclussion.

Well, that's plainly obvious. You can't look at any mid-major coach's recruiting classes alone and say that based on that, he's going to recruit well in a BCS conference. What you can look at are his recruiting connections, which are said to be good. You can look at his personality. You can look at his time in the NBA. A case can be made that the man will be able to recruit.

Could I get an example of someone who said the hire was terrible, then changed their mind 4 hours later?

the term easily applies to a person, hence the phrase "hopping on the bandwagon".. supporting something or someone in whom you have no knowledge of previous.. just because others are supporting it.

I saw Martin in his first year at Mizzou State. I think you'll see that I was one of the first ones defending this hire.

VN Store

Back