Players Reactions

JabberWocky

Since they are scattered in different threads and it seems to be something at least a few people may be interested in...

Players Thoughts so far via Twitter/Facebook

(add them if i missed any or as they come along)

Swiperboy: "This may be the type of coach we've needed for a while."

Cam Tatum: "Wth is goin' on" (tweeted around 7:30pm)

Kevin Ware: "Who's that!?"

Jordan McRae: "Like new coach a lot lets get it!!!!!"

Great to see. Glad most aren't acting like alot of the fans,and are giving him a fair chance.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not good that ware said that. Sure he was jus playing around though

no,,u spend a week reading about top shelf names then the cheep hope name gets hired,,alot of who is that is around.

Ha, most players are aware of very few of even the best college programs' coaches until they're introduced to them or during recruiting. Some they know just by longevity....otherwise...you can bring up coaches' names all day long and their eyes give you that vacant stare. Mostly they pay attention to NBA players and coaches...and other players. And the latest trends, of course.

Breaking news: you won't see a current player go against the hire!! All they want to do is play.

I agree that Ware saying that isn't very good. Also, I do think that obviously the players who didn't play a lot are going to love the hire because they feel like they have a chance to play now.

so we wont loose any current player,,,Tobbis came just because of CBP system would highlight him,,i say hes gone

Most people say he's gone. It's a business decision for both him and Scotty. The common thinking is that Tobias is first-round material, so he should go, and Scotty is not, so he should stay.

The new coach won't have much to do with it, other than if it's really close, like on the fence close, then a coach they really trust might sway them to stay, and a coach they don't trust might sway them to go.

Looking, though, like it's not going to be a close decision for either one.

I agree that Ware saying that isn't very good. Also, I do think that obviously the players who didn't play a lot are going to love the hire because they feel like they have a chance to play now.

The "players that are going to have a chance to play" pretty much includes all of them. We graduated 5 seniors, and stand to lose 1 or 2 underclassmen to the draft.

Looking, though, like it's not going to be a close decision for either one.

It might be pretty close. I'd be surprised if both of them are solid first rounders. At the 4, you'd have to think that Williams and Jones and maybe a couple others would be picked ahead of Tobias Harris at this point. I can't imagine that Scotty Hopson would be among the top wings in the draft.

It might be pretty close. I'd be surprised if both of them are solid first rounders. At the 4, you'd have to think that Williams and Jones and maybe a couple others would be picked ahead of Tobias Harris at this point. I can't imagine that Scotty Hopson would be among the top wings in the draft.

By "not close" for Scotty, I mean it looks like he's not on the board at all, and he needs to return.

Could be close for Tobias, but it seems most people are saying the draft is weak this year and he'll be picked up in round 1. Williams and Jones are good examples of PF's who would go before him...my instinct tells me he needs another year, but I don't follow the NBA draft that closely, so I'll defer to others' opinions.

By "not close" for Scotty, I mean it looks like he's not on the board at all, and he needs to return.

Could be close for Tobias, but it seems most people are saying the draft is weak this year and he'll be picked up in round 1. Williams and Jones are good examples of PF's who would go before him...my instinct tells me he needs another year, but I don't follow the NBA draft that closely, so I'll defer to others' opinions.

I see. I completely agree with that. As for Tobias, I would think those two would be ahead of him and maybe even Singler. Singler has a pretty impressive skillset, and is about as athletic as Harris. That being said, I'm not a Draft Expert either. I was just kind of thinking about possible guys at his position that I could see going ahead of him.

I don't see either as a lottery pick. No way. Both are talented, sure, but neither proved that their skillset if refined enough, neither consistently stepped up to put the team on their shoulders, take over a game, be a leader. Both should stay if they're smart. IMHO.

I don't see either as a lottery pick. No way. Both are talented, sure, but neither proved that their skillset if refined enough, neither consistently stepped up to put the team on their shoulders, take over a game, be a leader. Both should stay if they're smart. IMHO.

We'll be pretty good if they do.

WELL-PLAYED-SIR.jpg

:hi: :eek:k: :clapping: :good!:

both should stay. Harris might leave, but i hope coach CCM can convince him to stay. Hopson leaving wouldnt make much sense for him because i think he played himself out of the draft the last 3-4 games

so we wont loose any current player,,,Tobbis came just because of CBP system would highlight him,,i say hes gone

Tobias dad said if he's a lottery pick, he's gone and that's where the money is.

But if he's not, the money is not much and the NBA could lock which will hurt rookies.

Scotty is not even a 1st rounder and he will be dumb to go.

All we have to say to these guys is: Marcus Haislip. Lottery pick and MAJOR bust!

This may depend largely on the Committee on Infractions.

Lets make a bet about post season ban. What type of bet you ask? Just kidding...ban bets are banned.

TN will not be banned from the post season. Penalties will primarily follow Pearl, the program may lose a scholarship and have some recruiting restrictions at most.

VN Store

Back