If he signs stokes

StoVol

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified,
next fall then i'll have faith in this hire.... he needs to get poythress too to have a chance against fla or ky... if he fails to recruit well its back to 18 win seasons again..

who we're looking at
expect this list to change dramatically now, and not in a good way i suspect, hope i'm wrong... for some reason list defaults to football even though its says bb .. click on keyword search top right will give you 2012 bb prospects... man we have to close on stokes!

Last edited:
i hope so, wouldn't it be cool if tobias and he hit it off? that would be a nice recruit right there

He's young, full of energy and doesn't take any nonsense. Parents are going to love him and players are going to love that he played in the NBA.

Unless Martin is a complete disaster, he will be in perfect position with Stokes. The kid wants out of Memphis and has his brother and best friend at UT. Arkansas will make a push now that Anderson is there, but in the end, I see him at UT.

And he beat cancer, and he's young, and he came from East St. Louis, and he acted responsibly towards his team at Miss. St., and Keady said he was the best leader.....

Unless Martin is a complete disaster, he will be in perfect position with Stokes. The kid wants out of Memphis and has his brother and best friend at UT. Arkansas will make a push now that Anderson is there, but in the end, I see him at UT.

didn't know about the brother connection...

Awesome. Clear is his best friend, who is his brother?

He's young, full of energy and doesn't take any nonsense. Parents are going to love him and players are going to love that he played in the NBA.

I am absolutely "stoked" about the hire. Since following UT in 2001, I've never been so excited about a coach being hired, and I was wanting Kiffin from day one.

with clear in his ear i have no fear that he could steer him here

C'mon man, played in the NBA? Give me a break, scoring 9 points in the NBA doesn't count.

Yup, having Cam Clear here is huge. The first two kids Zo needs to be in contact with are Chris Jones and Jarnell Stokes.

I also think he will be a great recruiter. St. Louis produces a crop of talent every year, and he obviously has ties there. Now, he has Memphis across state, so he has what he needs.

Yup, having Cam Clear here is huge. The first two kids Zo needs to be in contact with are Chris Jones and Jarnell Stokes.

I also think he will be a great recruiter. St. Louis produces a crop of talent every year, and he obviously has ties there. Now, he has Memphis across state, so he has what he needs.

it would be nice to have someone that can actually close a memphis recruit... anyone know the dead periods for bb recruiting.. are there exceptions when a coach is fired/hired so they can call them or do an in home? i mean can he literally show up at jones front door tomorrow... i'd be camping outside his house in a tent.. no weber grill of course

Last edited:
it would be nice to have someone that can actually close a memphis recruit... anyone know the dead periods for bb recruiting.. are there exceptions when a coach is fired/hired so they can call them or do an in home? i mean can he literally show up at jones front door tomorrow... i'd be camping outside his house in a tent.. no weber grill of course

Jones is a signee so its irrelevant I believe.

I resent that.

You mean you resemble that.:)

Honestly, you can't really think that recruits are going to "love" that he played in the NBA?

That 9 points I mentioned is really what he scored in the NBA, I didn't just make that up.

He got a cup of coffee.

Jones is a signee so its irrelevant I believe.

i was thinking along the lines of if a previous coach uses all of his visits, is subsequently fired, is the new coach SOL with his contact? also if jones asked and was released from an loi, what are the rules.. man the ncaa is a complicated mess!

VN Store

Back