There are days...

IBlvNTmWrk

Dawn of a New Day
when the absolute ignorance and immaturity of TN fans really bothers me, and this is one of them. Whether it be about our new coach or a former player... please show a little class.

That is all.

when the absolute ignorance and immaturity of TN fans really bothers me, and this is one of them. Whether it be about our new coach or a former player... please show a little class.

That is all.

It bothers me as well. Some of us are just so spoiled rotten that it embarrasses me at times. A little class, dignity, and patience never hurt.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

same as any other fan base...people just want to be good and win all the time and that can not happen...now UT has been in a funk in most sports lately and even I am ready for that to end!!!

same as any other fan base...people just want to be good and win all the time and that can not happen...now UT has been in a funk in most sports lately and even I am ready for that to end!!!

I'm sure every fan likes to support a winning team, but as you said that doesn't happen all the time. It's easy to show good sportsmanship and character when a team is winning (although we seem to have our fair share of fans who even struggle with this at times), but true character is revealed during times of adversity... and quite honestly I'm not too fond of the character of some UT fans.

There is no justifiable reason to be so negative about a coaching hire that hasn't even had the opportunity to address his new team or the fans as yet, or get a few games under his belt before criticizing him as a "poor hire". Nor is there a justifiable reason imo to crucify a player, who did in fact put forth more effort on the court than most players on the team, for sticking up for his Dad (whether he did or did not tweet a slightly offhand comment).

I'm sure every fan likes to support a winning team, but as you said that doesn't happen all the time. It's easy to show good sportsmanship and character when a team is winning (although we seem to have our fair share of fans who even struggle with this at times), but true character is revealed during times of adversity... and quite honestly I'm not too fond of the character of some UT fans.

There is no justifiable reason to be so negative about a coaching hire that hasn't even had the opportunity to address his new team or the fans as yet, or get a few games under his belt before criticizing him as a "poor hire". Nor is there a justifiable reason imo to crucify a player, who did in fact put forth more effort on the court than most players on the team, for sticking up for his Dad (whether he did or did not tweet a slightly offhand comment).

Agree.

After reading that first paragraph I gotta ask...are you Coach Dooley?

are you referring to hatvol and his cult following bashing little pearl? i agree tho. regardless of coach or player. those guys are bums

The negative reaction would be understandable if I had any confidence that the haters had taken 5 minutes to actually know who the new guy is.

are you referring to hatvol and his cult following bashing little pearl? i agree tho. regardless of coach or player. those guys are bums

I don't agree with hat very often, but I will give him credit for his conviction and for being consistent. The pure irony is that there is a large base of fans complaining about the new hire, and an equally large number of fans bashing SP who apparently also tweeted his displeasure with the new hire. I don't have the time to provide examples of some of the posts being from the same people, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case.

The negative reaction would be understandable if I had any confidence that the haters had taken 5 minutes to actually know who the new guy is.

images

I don't agree with hat very often, but I will give him credit for his conviction and for being consistent. The pure irony is that there is a large base of fans complaining about the new hire, and an equally large number of fans bashing SP who apparently also tweeted his displeasure with the new hire. I don't have the time to provide examples of some of the posts being from the same people, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case.

images

agreed. i hope martin does well. that being said i would've loved to seen the facial reactions to the fans who thought we were going to get a big name coach due to the "facilities" and the money UT would throw at them.

You're absolutely right about certain fans! There are individuals on here who routinely attack fellow posters, coaches or anybody who disagrees with their opinion. They find the need to negatively comment on just about every comment that does not mirror their opinion, instead of reading it and ignoring it. This board is quickly devolving into a place that I can’t stand coming too.

That is all.

I doubt Martin will let a few compulsive basketball fans bother him. Let's move on from the intitial fan reaction topic.

You're absolutely right about certain fans! There are individuals on here who routinely attack fellow posters, coaches or anybody who disagrees with their opinion. They find the need to negatively comment on just about every comment that does not mirror their opinion, instead of reading it and ignoring it. This board is quickly devolving into a place that I can’t stand coming too.

Well, I find this board interesting and am not offended by fans who have differing opinions. If you can't stand coming on this board, you can simply stay away.

you're absolutely right about certain fans! There are individuals on here who routinely attack fellow posters, coaches or anybody who disagrees with their opinion. they find the need to negatively comment on just about every comment that does not mirror their opinion, instead of reading it and ignoring it. this board is quickly devolving into a place that i can’t stand coming too.

+

well, i find this board interesting and am not offended by fans who have differing opinions. if you can't stand coming on this board, you can simply stay away.

=

633745193338706810_irony_Irony_at_its_best-s580x434-31684.jpg

VN Store

Back