Timing of Announcement

ukvols

The report came out just a few minutes after the KY game ended. I don't think that was a coincidence.

Classy move by the Vol brass. I hate the Cats but a good move on the timing. It was planned IMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The report came out just a few minutes after the KY game ended. I don't think that was a coincidence.

I think so too. I also don't think it was a coincidence that Russo on WVLT broke the news. He's in tight with the Vol Network. Planned I'm sure.

It was curious, but I'm not sure the intended effect. For UK fans it was, "WOO HOO FINAL 4? Vols hire who? Bwahahaha. FINAL FOUR BABY!"

I know...I live here.

Dumb move if it was planned. UK is still playing, UT is not

It would be insanely stupid to "plan" this announcement right after a UK win. It's not like we hired someone any big school really wanted...UK fans are laughing right now.

Had to have been done for awhile. Tommy Satkowiak was tweeting about Martin's new UT twitter account within minutes of the announcement and he was already following 70+ UT related twitter accounts.

Yah. Your stretching with that one. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with UK winning. Do you really think UT was setting around watching the game like, "Well boys, about a minute left, lets go ahead and call this in". Naw.

I didn't mean to imply that UT thought they could scare the fans we love to hate with Cuonzo Martin. I thought the timing was for us. I didn't enjoy KY winning...at all. It was refreshing to be able to quickly move from "KY won" to "We have a coach." I'm sure they had chosen him earlier than the end of that game. But, the report came out not much earlier than 7:15pm.

UT needed to get the word out of who they hired before the tourney ended so the media would stop dragging us through the mud about Bruce. I'm glad we hired when we did.

Get our name out there again, stir the pot up. Positively though!

VN Store

Back