Is Pearl's coaching career over?

RockyTopGolfer

To be the man, you have to beat the man
I think it probably is once the NCAA hammers him. Sure the original violation was small. The lying to the NCAA is what will probably do him in. IF he gets hit with the show cause penalty his coaching career is probably done.

Show-cause penalty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I liked Pearl as a coach and am thankful for the 6 years he spent as coach in Knoxville. That said, he made his own bed now he must face the punishment.

He will be great on television.

Rest assured when his suspension is over some team will give him a chance. My guess is a team like Ole Miss or Auburn will give him a chance since he had success in this conference.

I think he sits 1-2 years to the show cause and then is back coaching in Div. 1, and will be successful again.

Rest assured when his suspension is over some team will give him a chance. My guess is a team like Ole Miss or Auburn will give him a chance since he had success in this conference.

God, I hope he doesn't end up back in the SEC. That will not bode well for us. Him smacking us like a 2 dolla ho once a year will really sting.

:censored:

Only one coach that has been hit with show cause has been a head coach again. I will always be a fan of Coach Pearl. I just hate to see what he has done to #1 UT and #2 himself. The fan base here loved the guy.

He will be an NBA coach in 2-3 years.

images

the guys gonna make a bundle as a commentator. I would like to be a fly on the wall when he is on espn with some of the guys that were calling for his head.

He will get a job somewhere when the dust clears. Black marks on his resume will cut down the options and raise the risks, but he does bring some things to the table that will get him back in the door.

He will be an NBA coach in 2-3 years.

Zero chance. He's not a good enough Xs and Os coach to get an NBA assistant's job, and obviously no NBA team is going to give him a sniff as HC.

I think he goes to TV while he's suspended, does well at it, and just stays there instead of trying to work his way back up all over again.

I think it probably is once the NCAA hammers him. Sure the original violation was small. The lying to the NCAA is what will probably do him in. IF he gets hit with the show cause penalty his coaching career is probably done.

Show-cause penalty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I liked Pearl as a coach and am thankful for the 6 years he spent as coach in Knoxville. That said, he made his own bed now he must face the punishment.

He will be great on television.

who_caresStill.jpg

pearl will do a TV gig for a year or two for some nice money, then get back into coaching when the heat dies down with the ncaa.

Its not. Pearl can coach. He's better than alot of coaches in the nba right now. I promise you every school and coach cheats. But not every school and coach gets caught.

VN Store

Back