If Missouri State had made the tournament...

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
instead of losing by four to Indiana State, how many of you would feel different about the hire? Be honest.

I was really hoping for Smart, the guy seems nice but, Smart has called a terrific tournament, couldn't we wait another week to hire someone?

I was really hoping for Smart, the guy seems nice but, Smart has called a terrific tournament, couldn't we wait another week to hire someone?
You really think we didn't put out feelers to guys whether they were still playing or not?

instead of losing by four to Indiana State, how many of you would feel different about the hire? Be honest.

Not I. We are a $100 million a year athletic program with excellent facilities. I expect to not have to cross our fingers with up-and-comers.

If we do go after an up-and-comer, how about a coach with a longer track record of sucess then 3 season and a .600 winning percentage in a terrible conference.

You really think we didn't put out feelers to guys whether they were still playing or not?

If someone is in making the most improbable tournament run of the century, they might have other things on thier mind besides career advancement. Had we waited two weeks, we could very well have gotten a different answer.

Not I. We are a $100 million a year athletic program with excellent facilities. I expect to not have to cross our fingers with up-and-comers.

If we do go after an up-and-comer, how about a coach with a longer track record of sucess then 3 season and a .600 winning percentage in a terrible conference.

Cant be said any better than this.

I would feel completely different. But seeing as he has no experience in the tournament I feel terrible about it. No offense to Cuonzo but I feel like this is a shot in the dark hire.

The three year head coaching experience at a mid school with no NCAA history is my biggest problem. I really felt UT would go after someone like Smart. I felt like he also was a little wet behind the ears to take on the program. Martin seems to be in that same mold as Smart and exactly what MH looks for or that UT can attract.

I disagree, and feel this has the potential to be the best hire of the Hammy era given time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Even better than firing Delmonico after going to the CWS 2 years prior, and 3 of the 4 times Tennessee has ever gone?

With that said...Good luck to Cuonzo and I hope he does well.

VN Store

Back