He can't recruit!

Oracle69

Can He Recruit? He was credited for a lot of Coach Painter's recruiting success with the 2007 Purdue class that included JaJuan Johnson, which is fine, but recruiting as an assistant and a head man are two different things. Just ask Quin Snyder, who did a lot of the legwork in bringing the Carlos Boozers of the world to Duke but didn't exactly rake in the McD's AA's at Mizzou. He supposedly has strong AAU ties, but there would be a leap of faith involved here; in Springfield, he has signed ten players -- five had no Rivals.com rating, three were 2-star recruits, and two (both in 2011) are 3-star kids. A good portion of SMS' stars this year were not Martin recruits. There is potential here, but it hasn't been met yet, and since "He's a great recruiter!" is the major reason people use for preferring him, this is a red flag.

shockey.gif

Can He Recruit? He was credited for a lot of Coach Painter's recruiting success with the 2007 Purdue class that included JaJuan Johnson, which is fine, but recruiting as an assistant and a head man are two different things. Just ask Quin Snyder, who did a lot of the legwork in bringing the Carlos Boozers of the world to Duke but didn't exactly rake in the McD's AA's at Mizzou. He supposedly has strong AAU ties, but there would be a leap of faith involved here; in Springfield, he has signed ten players -- five had no Rivals.com rating, three were 2-star recruits, and two (both in 2011) are 3-star kids. A good portion of SMS' stars this year were not Martin recruits. There is potential here, but it hasn't been met yet, and since "He's a great recruiter!" is the major reason people use for preferring him, this is a red flag.

Are you asking or telling?

Posted via VolNation Mobile
Do you really think looking at what he did recruiting wise at missouri state is fair? I bet coach cal would have a hard time signing anything higher than a 3 star there too.

It will be easier at UT. Who can recruit 4 and 5 stars to Missouri State?

Well 1. Bad example Duke recruits its self. 2. Com'on man he was at Mizz State! 3 stars there are pretty good.

Do you really think looking at what he did recruiting wise at missouri state is fair? I bet coach cal would have a hard time signing anything higher than a 3 star there too.

Cal is the exception... His AAU-raiding cronies could send a squad of MCDAA's to Alaska-Fairbanks.

Are you asking or telling?

The OP's rant is idle speculation. He will have a much bigger budget, prestige and more when he recruits here. You are entitled to your opinion, but if he can get players to come to Mo St he can sure get them to come here. Maybe you are peoed because we didn't get a 'big name".

how many 4 or 5 stars are on vcu ?

The OP's rant is idle speculation. He will have a much bigger budget, prestige and more when he recruits here. You are entitled to your opinion, but if he can get players to come to Mo St he can sure get them to come here. Maybe you are peoed because we didn't get a 'big name".

I think the point he was making is that he didn't get players to com to Mo St. UT is a mid major program and will always be a mid major program because the admin wants it that way. I would like to give up my season tickets, but my wife says give him a year.

Who did you expect him to get to come to there. He had only been there 3 years and it is a small school.

I think the point he was making is that he didn't get players to com to Mo St. UT is a mid major program and will always be a mid major program because the admin wants it that way. I would like to give up my season tickets, but my wife says give him a year.

At least your wife is a reasonable person.

Jerry you are willing to give up before the guy even coaches a game? I say listen to your wife at the very least.

It will be easier at UT. Who can recruit 4 and 5 stars to Missouri State?

judging a man by his record at missouri valley is the same as judging a man by his record at louisiana tech..recruiting is a different game once you hit the sec. i would think it would be easier to get top flight players to look at you. but what do i know?

Yeah if he is higher than a 3 star is the kid going to Missouri St. or Kentucky,Duke,Michigan St,Kansas you have a good point.

Yeah if he is higher than a 3 star is the kid going to Missouri St. or Kentucky,Duke,Michigan St,Kansas you have a good point.

If he ends up at missouri state you check one of two things......his brain or his wallet.

He was the lead assistant on E'Twaun Moore and JaJuan Johnson. I think he can recruit. The players at Purdue loved him and were upset when he left

MSU's recruiting class was poised to be pretty decent. Top 150 player Josh Richardson was an MSU lean. Now probably going to consider UT.

VN Store

Back